Friday, January 23, 2009

Road Trip!

This morning, I woke up and decided I would take the boys to T-Town to meet Daddy for lunch. Carter was so excited when I asked him if he wanted to go! We all got ready and loaded up the car to make the long drive. We picked up Daddy (what a nice campus he works on!) and went to eat at Five Guys - the best burger place ever (and oh, so healthy!). Everyone loved their food, and Charlie got to try a french fry for the first time! He loved them and didn't want his organic baby food fruits and veggies after that ;)




After lunch, we took Daddy back to work and we got to go see his office and meet one of his co-workers. Daddy's window overlooks a playground because there is a day care in the floor below him. Carter was so disappointed that he couldn't play on that playground. I told Daddy that maybe we could enroll him there and he could go to work sometimes with him. That would be fun for Mommy too ;)


On the way home, we stopped by a shoe store because Carter's shoes are getting on my nerves. They have one little tiny velcro strap and they won't stay strapped. I was so surprised to find out that Carter wears a size 12.5 wide now!!!

Did I mention that Caroline also went with us today? And by Caroline, I mean the invisible one. Carter is so into imaginary play these days and he is always talking to someone else that I can't see. I accidentally sat on Caroline today - oops! She even wore her pink dress for the occasion. I had to give her a shower and put lotion on her, make sure she was buckled in properly, give her some of our gummy worms, and let her watch cartoons with Carter. It's hard keeping up with 3 kids, even if I can't see one of them :)

Speaking of imaginary play, Carter put his toys in time-out yesterday for not obeying. Poor toys, I guess they won't disobey again.

Tomorrow night is date night and I can't wait! We are going to eat and maybe bowl with another couple, while Nana and Pawpaw watch the boys. I definitely need to recharge after a crazy week with the kids!

2 comments:

Holly :) said...

Looks like y'all had lots of fun! Cute pics of Charlie at the restaurant. :)

KS said...

LOL - I love that he put his toys in timeout! And as for Five Guys...omigosh, we ate there for the first time a few weeks ago and I've been willing myself to wait before returning...SO GOOD!