Thursday, January 8, 2009

Just an update

I have been putting off the inevitable...actual chunks of food for Charlie. I think we started with Carter at about 6 months, and Charlie is now 7 months. By this time, I think Carter was eating teeny, tiny bites of our table food and had just about quit the baby food. I remember this by his day care - he went to his first day care until he was about 7 or 8 months old, and they were feeding him some "real" food (some things I didn't approve of, which is one reason we left - e.g. big choking hazzard: chocolate covered raisins). Also, his temporary "nanny" that we had in between day cares fed him cheese toast for breakfast, and he would have been right around 8 months... Oh, well. Charlie will get there, I suppose! Earlier this week, I decided to give it a little try, and gave him a few Cheerios. He really couldn't figure out what was going on, and I got a pretty disgruntled look after the first one :)

If I could bottle those eyes (figuratively speaking), I would be a millionaire! I get comments about his eyes all the time...

Last night, we decided to veer off the weekly menu planner and actually go out to eat. Carter got himself dressed (again). Notice the non-color coordinating shirt/shorts combo, socks, and crocs. At first, he was wearing his cowboy boots but decided on his crocs instead. Gotta love his fashion sense - I think he gets it from his daddy :)

Today was the first sunny day we've had in quite a while! We actually got to go outside and play after school. Chuck the dinosaur decided to ride in the Gator too!

Charlie hung out in his seat and tried to stay out of the wind. Brrrrr!

After Gator riding, we went to get Carter's hair cut. Carter asked Mrs. Wendy if she was the hair cutter girl :) He was full of chatter (and some mischief). I hope the other patrons in the salon weren't too disturbed!
Tonight I was reading a bedtime story to Carter - it was actually a Christmas book, but who cares :) We were reading about angels spreading the good news about Jesus' birth. Carter decided to read it back to me, and I was mostly listening (sort of)... I heard him say that one angel went to tell the hanger boy. "Hanger boy" caught my attention, so I looked at the page - it was a shepherd boy with his staff :) Other than that, he got most of the story right... He has very good listening comprehension skills when he wants to. Sometimes, like when I need him to listen to me, he acts like he's deaf. He's also getting good at counting without counting... Meaning, he can look at things and tell how many there are (up to about 5 or 6 maybe). I heard that's a hard skill to learn... MIT, here we come! ;)

No comments: