Sunday, January 25, 2009

Date Night; Exhausted Sunday

Last night, we had a date night with some friends of ours, Mac and Pandi. Nana and Pawpaw came over at about 5 to watch the boys, and we headed out to pick up our friends. We ate at Fire + Ice, which is a Mongolian BBQ type restaurant downtown. We had been there once before and enjoyed it (Alan has been to several others as well), and last night it was excellent! We had great service and great food. I highly recommend the Honey Garlic sauce if you go :)

After dinner, we decided to stop by the Melting Pot for dessert - YUM! I realized that before this week, I had never been to the Melting Pot, but now I've been twice in one week! Earlier this week, my mom's group went for a ladies night and had a great time then also. We finally got back home after 11 pm, and my sides actually hurt from laughing so much. If you don't know Mac, he's quite the jokester (his dad is an actual comedian by profession and I think it runs in the family).




This dish was flambeed at the table, and I was trying to capture the flames. Apparently, you aren't supposed to use your flash for that...



After we got home, I decided to try to put Charlie in some jammies, which was a big mistake! He woke up and didn't go back to sleep until about 1:30. Well, Carter woke up at 2 and was thirsty. I had to get him water, and he finally went back to his bed at 2:40. Then, Charlie woke up at 3:30 for a while, then at 6, and then 6:30. My alarm went off at 7 for church, and I wanted so badly to sleep in! I got up and got ready, but we ended up being so late that we didn't go to the first service. It was a really special day and we were expecting a huge crowd (they even set up overflow rooms with video monitors). We had 2-year-old Sunday School duty in the 2nd service, so we missed the festivities altogether :( Luckily, the same evangelist is back tonight, so we are about to head out to go there. Did I mention that the service ran almost 1 hour long??? We didn't get out of the 2-year-old class until almost 1:00 and had been there since 10:30!!! I am soooo exhausted, and of course didn't get a nap today. Hopefully I can go to bed early tonight!

1 comment:

Holly :) said...

Sounds like a fun evening! I can't believe you're going to the Melting Pot again in just over a week for Jonathan's birthday. You are obsessed! :)