Friday night, Alan's parents took us out to dinner to one of our favorite restaurants, (to celebrate Alan's first full week of his new job, I think), and they took Carter home to spend the night so we could hopefully sleep a little late on Saturday. Charlie has had trouble sleeping lately - not sure what's wrong, but he used to sleep until 7, get up to eat, and then go back to sleep until 9:30. Lately, he starts waking up around 2 or 3, and doesn't sleep soundly for the rest of the night. He usually ends up in bed with me just so I can get some shut-eye, but it's hard to get sound sleep with him in bed with us. Anyway, he did sleep until after 9:30 on Saturday, only after being up a few times. Alan got to sleep that late, but I couldn't go back to sleep after getting up with Charlie the last time. Oh, well - that's how it is when you have babies!
Saturday, we had planned a whole lot of cleaning, organizing, etc... I did a few projects, and Alan finally got the outdoor Christmas decorations put up (it has rained almost every day and he had to wait for them to dry). We didn't really get as much done as we would have liked, but it was nice just to have a semi-restful day. Around 5 or 6, we went to get Carter. Nana met us at a restaurant to get Charlie, so we could spend the evening by ourselves before taking both kids home. It's nice to get alone time every once in a while, although all we did was eat at McAlister's, walk around the mall, and go to Wal-Mart ;) We attempted to go to a movie, but the line was out the wazoo! I think we need to open some things to do in that town, because it appears the only 2 things people have to do are go to the mall or go to the movies. I think we could make a lot of money if we came up with something else - who's in with me? :)
Today was church - the message today was really great (last week also). Feel free to listen to the online sermons if you have extra time. He hit home with me, saying that if we read the Bible every day and pray every day, we will not become bitter, negative, old people, but rather refreshed people who other people enjoy being around. I feel negative a lot lately and know it's a result of my not finding enough time for my quiet time on a daily basis. Negativity is not a godly characteristic and has no place in a child of God's life. Of course, I came home and complained about the house, all the things bothering me, etc. Looks like I have a lot of work to do! Tonight I had a committee meeting for the upcoming Women's Night of Worship, featuring guest speaker Sherri Burgess. I think everyone I know is familiar with her and the story of how they lost their son last year. However, if you are not familiar with this amazing family, please visit their website and click on Bronner's picture at the bottom of the page. The message she will be delivering is on Hope, Heaven, and Healing. Everyone I know is invited! The date is March 28, other details are still being worked out. The event is free, but if you want to eat dinner before the event, that costs money.
Well, Alan and I are going to try to watch a movie before bed... Tomorrow should be another fun day, with a playdate planned for the morning.


3 comments:
LOVE the new blog layout...you will have to do mine like that, too! :) Great blog! Glad y'all had a good weekend and got a little time to yourselves.
Alright! You're up next on cowritten.blogspot.com!! Kate submitted and now you should come up with something!! I like your idea of a flashback or any of the others - the bad thing would be fun, too. I love that we have NO idea what our story is about - we're reading and writing all at once :)
- Show quoted text -
I'm going to listen to that sermon! I think I could use a good reminder these days, too :)
Post a Comment