Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Brotherly Love

Brrrr! It has been so cold lately! On Friday, it was in the single digits and teens, with wind chills around zero or even below. That day, we had to go get the boys' pictures made - Gigi met us so that I wouldn't have to do it all by myself. After that was over (no one was very happy about pictures until the very end - hope we got some good ones!), we went to eat at Dale's, which I have mentioned before is my new favorite restaurant :) Yummo!

That night after Daddy got home, we were still thawing out and all decided to snuggle on the basement couch in our fleece jammies, eat s'mores, and watch a movie. I love nights like that! Carter kept calling s'mores "Mars" - when we corrected him, he could say it the right way, but I guess it was in his brain as Mars... Charlie got his first taste of gooey marshmallow...


I want s'more!

Yesterday was MLK day, so Daddy got to stay home from work (that's one good thing about working for the government!). It was freezing (it even snowed a few flurries on us!), but we got out to do a little shopping anyway... I got some new (much needed) clothes, Carter got a few new clothes, and I got the boots I have been drooling over for weeks!!! Here's hoping I don't fall and break my neck :)


When we got home, we watched another movie in the basement. Carter got to pick out what we were watching, and I was trying to influence him to pick Shrek. I'm a little tired of the same things we keep watching... Anyway, I was explaining that it has an ogre, a donkey, a king, a princess, and a dragon! I showed him the case and he looked at it, front and back and analyzed it for a while. After a little bit, he said, "Well... I certainly don't want to watch this one. I certainly want to watch the bear movie." (Bear movie refers to Open Season) Ha!

During the movie, Charlie was completely wound up. He kept trying to attack Carter - grabbing his hair, ear, face, arm, etc and trying to leap over to him. I finally decided to let him sit next to Carter. He kept looking up at his big brother, it was so sweet! They love each other so much - I hope it stays that way! Carter is such a good big brother and really looks out for Charlie, plays with him, etc. It breaks my heart sometimes, how sweet they are!



3 comments:

Holly :) said...

Love the sweet brother pics. :)
And those boots...I can't even imagine trying to walk in those! You are very trendy, though! Glad you got some fun stuff at the MLK Day sales!

Shelly Powers said...

i tagged you on my blog :)

Shelly Powers said...

hey i got my background from the cutest blog on the block click on the icon on the top left of my blog and there are TONS to chose from