Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas (Part Two)!

Ok, so where did I leave off? I believe I left out Christmas Eve, which we spent with Alan's parents. First, we went straight to Nana and Pawpaw's house to eat lunch and open presents with them. We got so much stuff! Thanks, Nana and Pawpaw!

Wow! A cool Diego craft set - Diego and crafts are two of my favorite things!
Charlie is trying to figure out what Nana is doing.
After lunch and presents, we went to Great-Grandma's house to visit with the larger family, eat again, and open more presents (my favorite activities!).
We did things in reverse order this year so that we could come home and open our family presents on Christmas Eve, read the Christmas story, and get in bed in time for Santa to visit. Well... Things didn't go quite as planned. Carter fell asleep in the car (since Great Grandma's party was during his naptime - I should have predicted this). We thought he would sleep all through the night, since he has been known to get super tired and sleep from 4 or 5 until the next morning. Well... That didn't happen either. He woke up when we got home around 6 or so, and then he couldn't go to sleep that night! He came down the stairs every 15 minutes or so, asking if Santa was here yet. I think because people ask him if Santa is going to come see him, he thought Santa really was going to come see him. He even asked me if Santa would come to his room to see him. It was difficult to be very firm with him, because he had such a sweet, innocent voice, and it was Christmas, after all.

I'll skip Christmas Day, since I've already gone into all that. The Saturday after Christmas, my parents, Nan, and Cheryl came over for our get-together. They wanted to wait until after Christmas so they could see what Santa brought. It was much more laid-back this way, and we had so much fun! We also got so much great stuff, yet again! Gigi, Cheryl and Carter in a fierce battle of the Hungry, Hungry Hippos...
Carter's the winner!!!
Whoa!!! What is that, Papa???
A little off-roading...led to a little help from Daddy and Papa :) "Cheeeeeeeeeese!"
See you peeps later!This is a great gift. Thanks, Papa, Gigi, Nan and Cheryl!
Grandpa, Grandma Sherrie, and Tristan came over on Sunday to visit and exchange gifts. We got so much great stuff! Charlie is reading a book to Sherrie. Or is he eating it? And now, a display of the boys in some, repeat, SOME of their coordinating Christmas outfits. I only wish they could wear these longer!

The blue gingham with snowmen (at least these will last all winter):

What you talkin' 'bout, Carter?
The "official" dressy Christmas outfits for church.Sweet brothers!

Gigi made Carter's pants and Charlie's longall. Thanks, Gigi!

1 comment:

Holly :) said...

Looks like an AWESOME Christmas! I love all of their coordinating outfits! :) The boys will definitely want to come over and take a ride with Carter in his new John Deere gator (is that what it's called?) Glad y'all had such a wonderful Christmas!