Tuesday, I kept Carter home from school. Partly because he woke up late, and partly because of the note in the previous post. Mommy needs a cooling off period :) I thought it might be helpful for everyone to have a little break...
The weather was very nice - in the 70s - and we played outside most of the morning. Carter is getting very good at baseball and can hit the ball when pitched to him. If the ball had not been plastic, he would have broken one of our windows for sure! I think it would've been a homerun on a baseball field! Along those lines, we are contemplating signing him up for t-ball... My first thought was that he's too young, and I don't want him to become burned out on baseball too early (that was Alan's great love). However, I'm sure these t-ball games are not very structured and most kids out there are just as unfocused as he. After seeing him play though, we might skip t-ball and go straight to coach-pitched - haha :) If anyone has any experience or thoughts on this, please let me know - I have to make a decision soon!
Alan put up the baby swing over the weekend, and Charlie was able to swing in it for the first time. He didn't complain, but I don't think he knew what to think of it either. Carter thinks it's hilarious that I push them both at the same time. Can I re-iterate how thankful I am that Carter is not jealous? I really expected it to be more difficult, since he was the center of attention for so long.
Thursday was Pajama day at school, and Carter wore his cute rocket-ship jammies. Charlie stayed in his jammies all day, too! We have had fun this week not doing much of anything - it's nice to not be over-booked and just enjoy time at home. Carter also went to Wal-Mart with me Thursday night (still in jammies). I'm starting to realize that he needs more one-on-one time with me and have tried to accomodate this whenever possible. He walked the entire time, helping to push the buggy (actually, he pushed it all over the store by himself and didn't want me to help).
I have found an interesting solution to a problem we were having... Charlie likes to sit up in the floor, but would always push or throw his toys out of his own reach. A laundry hamper works great - it contains both him and his toys :)


No comments:
Post a Comment