So, I guess Daddy officially wins again... What does he win, you ask? Most babies say Dada before Mama, but I thought this time would be different... I spend time trying to get Charlie to say Mama, and play subliminal audio tapes while he sleeps (kidding). Today while he was eating lunch - actually, more waving of the spoon than eating - he babbled, "dadada." Boooo! I know it's just a sound and not an actual word at this point, and the upside is that he is babbling... We called Daddy to tell him, and he repeated it!

In other news, over the weekend Carter had a few episodes where he would cry and tell me his feelings hurt. However, these were times when everything was fine, so I couldn't figure out why he would have hurt feelings. Then he started telling me it hurt really, really badly... I asked him where his feelings were, and every time, he pointed to his right side, on his back (kidney area). It was worse yesterday so I took him to the doctor. They didn't find anything wrong, but said that he might have a bruise or pulled muscle. I guess we'll see over the next few days if it gets better...
In other news, over the weekend Carter had a few episodes where he would cry and tell me his feelings hurt. However, these were times when everything was fine, so I couldn't figure out why he would have hurt feelings. Then he started telling me it hurt really, really badly... I asked him where his feelings were, and every time, he pointed to his right side, on his back (kidney area). It was worse yesterday so I took him to the doctor. They didn't find anything wrong, but said that he might have a bruise or pulled muscle. I guess we'll see over the next few days if it gets better...


3 comments:
Think of it this way...when Charlie wakes up at night he'll call for DADA, not MAMA :)
When Evan said Dada first, I worked so hard on Andrew saying Mama first. That worked! I did the same thing with Anna but she said Dada first...what's up with that!? :)
Cute pics of little Charlie...
What gorgeous eyes on that sweet baby Charlie!!! I hope Carter is ok - please keep us posted.
Post a Comment