Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bubbles, babbles, and bad delivery driving

I realized today that I had never shown Charlie any bubbles - one of Carter's all-time favorite things when he was a baby and toddler. So, I got out my giant bubble wand, and voila! Bubbles galore! At first, he wasn't sure what to think about them...



But then he realized he could try to get them...



Got one!

He's so proud of himself for his new babbling efforts. He tries moving his face and mouth different ways, and I can see his wheels turning while he thinks about what to say. It's still the "d" sound, but at different pitches, speeds, etc.


If you're familiar with my neighborhood, you probably know that the house next door to us is a little "strange," to put it nicely. In addition to the strange architecture, the driveway is soooo steep! I sometimes hear what sounds like drag racing (car tires peeling off), when it turns out to be someone burning rubber trying to get up the driveway. Our street also has holes in the pavement due to a truck scraping, trying to get in the driveway. It's a circular driveway, but people only attempt to drive up one side, because the other side is even steeper than what I just described... A few minutes ago, I heard a loud noise and looked out the window to see what was going on. Our brilliant FedEx driver decided he would drive his truck up the "good" side, with quite a bit of effort... A few minutes after that, he actually went down the "bad" side and scraped the whole bottom of his truck. I think he almost got stuck (which has happened before with other vehicles)! Here is a picture from my keeping room window, to prove that he was actually in their driveway.



No comments: