Today was the first real day of soccer class and Carter was so excited! He's been talking about Coach Rob all week and kept telling us that he wanted to go back and play soccer again. Alan couldn't go with us, so it was just Charlie and me in the stands cheering him on. He did such a great job again! In fact, he was the first one to do some of the things Coach Rob asked them to do - he remembered all the things he had learned on Saturday, including how to kick the ball instead of picking it up and how to play several of the little games they did. Remember - this is a class for 3-5 year olds (many are closer to 5). After the session was over, Coach Rob walked up to me, shaking his head in disbelief. He said that it is rare for him to take children who are so far away from turning 3, and it's even rarer that someone so young can follow his directions so well. He pointed to Carter and told me that he was "gold" and said that we have good genes and good raisin' skills ;) I think he even used the word amazing at some point... We are so proud of him! Just think - we might have the next David Beckham on our hands ;)
After naptime, we were still kind of tired so we decided to have movie day :) I popped some popcorn and we watched Monsters, Inc. Later, Carter decided to try to ride Zeus like a horse, and he was singing "Texas Here I Come" from the Backyardigans again. Ha! I tried to stop it, but I wasn't very successful, so I just took pictures instead. Don't tell PETA.
Just a random note here... Carter's conversational skills are so funny. The first thing he tells anyone (strangers included) is either a) "I have a baby brother Charlie!" or b) "I have a playset!" He was even carrying on a conversation with Charlie a couple of days ago and told him about his playset. Tonight while getting ready for bed, he looked at me with a huge toothy grin and laughed really hard. He told me, "I's a really big bubble!" And then he laughed again and said, "No, I'm not a really big bubble!" He's also quite empathetic with Charlie at times. Today Charlie was crying, so he walked up and said in the sweetest voice, "What happened, baby Charlie? What happened to you? Oh, did you spit your pappy out?" And he put his pappy back in his mouth. Sweet big brother! :)
Tonight, Alan had to work all evening (he's still working). He has something big to finish before he goes out for a week after his surgery on Friday, so we're not seeing much of him lately :( He ate dinner with us for a few minutes, but only because I made him. Carter, Charlie and I decided to take a stroll through the neighborhood, and we tried out Carter's new monkey backpack "leash." It worked really well - I was surprised! After we got home, it was a little too late to play in the backyard (I'm afraid of snakes) so the three of us went to Sonic for some ice cream treats. Carter is just now in bed (finally!) and Charlie is asleep in his swing for now, although I'm sure that won't last long :) I'm hoping Alan emerges sometime tonight from the basement...


No comments:
Post a Comment