Monday, August 4, 2008

Monkey Toes and Monkey Bunch


I just had to share some pictures of Charlie's feet before they get too much bigger (they are already getting so big - just like big brother Carter's!). He has the cutest feet, and he curls his toes under like little monkey toes! He's done that since he was first born, even in the hospital. Just another instance of how he and Carter are so different - Carter always spread his toes wide and stuck his big toe out to the side, but I don't remember him curling his toes under.

Charlie has such huge eyes, and the cutest expressions lately. He's starting to talk to us a little more (although still not nearly as talkative as Carter was - he's going to be our strong, silent type). It's so hard to catch the little faces he makes, and I don't keep my big camera handy nearly enough. I wish my small camera took quick pictures too :( I also wish I could memorize every single moment of this, as this is probably the last time I will ever have an infant.

Today I officially resigned from my job. It has been such a tough decision, but my boss was very supportive. I love my team, which is one thing that made it so difficult. I won't miss the work, but I will really miss the people. However, I look forward to spending my days with my boys, and I am going to try to cherish every minute (even the really tough ones). I am sure I will have to remind myself of that at times.

Today was also the first full day of having both boys by myself (Friday didn't count because we had a playdate which took up much of Carter's time). Everything went pretty well, but I am sooo tired! Someone recently told me that things will get easier from here. I sure hope so! Carter and I did lots of things this morning - we played outside, played inside, watched cartoons, had snacks, etc - and that was all before 10:00! He gets bored pretty easily if I don't keep him constantly entertained, so I'm going to have to get more creative. Anybody have any good suggestions??? :)

Before lunch, we made a snack called Monkey Munch (as seen on Jon & Kate Plus 8). Carter kept calling it Monkey Bunch :) It is so yummy!! I'm having to really restrict myself from eating too much. For snacktime after his nap, we ate popcorn and butterscotch morsels (found in the pantry while looking for chocolate morsels). He tried to repeat butterscotch, but it came out "buttercrotch" - haha! Charlie is starting to fuss, so I'll have to wrap up for now. Until tomorrow...

No comments: