Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fun day at home

Let me start by saying - Charlie slept through the night again last night! He's only done it the two other times I've mentioned on here. When I say he slept through the night, I mean that he woke up at 5 am but went back to sleep with a little coaxing (no feeding!). That counts for me! Hopefully he will start getting used to not eating at night, and it will help him sleep through the night more and more. I am so glad too, especially since Carter didn't sleep through the night until about 10 months.

Today was much less tiring than yesterday. Carter and I had lots of fun, but I just didn't "try" quite as hard as I did yesterday to fit too many things in. We played with stickers and we colored...

We played outside for a while...



When we came back inside, I vacuumed in the basement while Carter played with some of his toys in the playroom. However, he quickly decided that he wanted to help me vacuum :)

After lunch, it was time for a nap. Or so I thought. Carter really did not want to nap, so I let him lay down on the couch and watch cartoons for a while to try to go to sleep. That didn't work, so I took him to his room where he played for 2 hours or so before finally going to sleep. He didn't really cry though, so I didn't go get him. Because of his late nap, he REALLY didn't want to go to sleep tonight. Hopefully he's asleep by now though! Oh, and on the potty training front - only one accident today (and that was at a half-asleep time after just waking up from a nap)! We are making such great progress!!!

Having two children is so much different than having one. With the first, you are able to devote all your time and attention to having a baby (and getting some rest when the baby is resting). This time around though, my main MO is to get Charlie to sleep a lot so I can do things with Carter and keep him entertained. No rest for the weary! I love spending my days with both my boys, but I'm also looking forward to Carter starting Mother's Day Out at the end of this month so that I can at least have 2 partial days a week when I can get some rest and have some time with Charlie.

No comments: