Today was Carter's first day of new school (MDO at our church). He really needs the structure that school provides, so we are very glad for this opportunity. He was very excited this morning, and we actually got there early - that NEVER happens for us :)
After dropping Carter off, Charlie and I headed to meet Holly and Anna to do a little shopping. We went to a consignment sale where I bought way too much stuff, and then headed to the Gap Outlet where I had to refrain from even looking :) Have I mentioned that I'm sick of this soggy rain? It is a little miserable trying to take a baby in and out of stores in the rain - hopefully Fay is gone and we will have sunny skies tomorrow!
While we were out, Charlie decided to hold his own bottle (this is amazing not only because he's so young, but because he never even has a bottle - we use one maybe once every 2 weeks)!
After our shopping trip, we came back to Chelsea and I picked up Carter from school. According to his teachers, he had a very good day and was very sweet. They also said I packed way too much lunch for him (gee, I wonder where I got that?!?)! We got home and I put him down for a nap in our bed, which is his new favorite napping spot. I put Charlie on his play mat, which he loves now, and went to heat some lunch for myself. He's becoming quite the scooter these days. I put him down next to his white burp cloth that you see in the picture, and when I came back 30 seconds later, this is where I found him:
I find it very suspicious that my children do not nap at the same time. As soon as Carter goes down for his nap, Charlie wakes up and stays awake the whole time. I think they coordinate this... So, Charlie and I hung out until Carter woke up. It was all downhill from there! Charlie has been fussy all evening (he cried unless he was being held), and Carter was pretty wild. Since I'm only one person, I did what I could and helped whoever was loudest or getting into the most trouble! We made it through though, and they are both asleep now. Hooray!


1 comment:
Holy cow! You have a prodigy on your hands! He holds that bottle like he was born with it :)
Aren't those Dr. Brown's bottles the BEST!
Post a Comment