Tuesday, August 19, 2008

He's BAAA-AACCCKK!

Charlie hasn't been sleeping well lately, and that means I haven't either. :( So, I was very excited that I got to sleep late today - until after 9:00 (after getting up at least 3 times, that is)! I really needed that extra sleep since I've been sleep deprived, but also because I had to gear up for Carter's return :) Nana and Great Grandma brought him back around lunchtime today and we were so glad to see him! It's been a bit of a rough day though - it's always a big adjustment coming back home, and we had a lot more meltdowns than usual. As soon as Nana left, a meltdown ensued about closing the garage door. Alan went and got him (don't tell his doc that he lifted over 10 pounds) and he was almost immediately asleep on Alan's shoulder. Poor thing! He slept for a really long time - about 3.5 hours before we finally got him up!

I learned through this experience that I need to find a babysitter every week or two to keep him for a little while - I got so much done around the house the past few days :) After naptime, it was time for showers and then dinner. We ate leftovers of the yummy chicken pot pie and salad that Jennifer brought us last night. Carter LOVED it and he ate all his pot pie before moving to the salad. After that, he asked for seconds! Thanks, Mrs Jennifer for the yummy food!

Because Carter ate such a good dinner and because today is our anniversary (yes, we've survived 8 whole years of wedded bliss!), we headed to Dairy Queen for ice cream! I invented a new type of Blizzard and it was so yummy - maybe they'll name it after me ;) Cheesecake pieces, with hot fudge and caramel mixed into the ice cream - D-lish! It was so low-cal too, I should eat one every day... Alan got a small milkshake and couldn't eat very much of it, but Carter polished off his ice cream in almost no time!

We're home now and everyone's settled... Carter is in bed, and Charlie and Alan are sleeping in the recliner - their usual late night spot :) Tomorrow is soccer, so it should be another exciting time!

No comments: