Today started off pretty rough... Charlie is starting to get another cold (poor baby!) and was up every hour or so last night. Then, Carter woke up an hour and a half earlier than normal, so my plans of taking a shower while having only one child to keep up with quickly faded. Carter was in one of his moods this morning - doing everything he could to get in trouble! I don't know why he does that sometimes, but I wish I knew the magic button to make it stop. Thank goodness it was soccer day, so we had somewhere to go and burn off some energy. Carter did well today and listened to Coach Rob for the most part (he had his moments but did much better than last week). In fact, during a couple of the exercises, Carter was the ONLY child who did everything correctly. One time, all the kids kicked their balls into one goal, and Carter was the only one to use the goal that Coach Rob told them to. :) I asked Coach Rob if he did extended care (i.e. took kids home with him after class) and he just laughed and said, "no, but I would take this one home." I don't think he knew I was serious! :)
After soccer, we came home, ate lunch, and watched a few minutes of Tarzan, the Disney version. There was a really intense action scene between a gorilla and jaguar, and Carter was glued in one spot, staring at the TV. I don't even think he blinked. When it was over and everyone was ok, he said, "That's INCREDIBLE!" Ha! I didn't even know he knew that word. After that, it was naptime - my favorite part of the day! Carter took a really good nap today - over 3 hours! I used that time to entertain Charlie since he doesn't sleep when Carter does.
You can't really see the white knuckles here, but he was hanging on for dear life!
When Carter woke up, we decided to go for a walk. I'm so glad the sun is out!!! I strapped Charlie in his Baby Bjorn (thanks, Cheryl - that thing is amazing!) and put Carter's monkey backpack/leash on and off we went! This is a good way to keep everyone happy and out of trouble (Carter loves going for walks, and Charlie just loves the Bjorn - not sure why we didn't think to have one of those when Carter was a baby!). When we got back home, we were too hot and tired to play in the back yard, so we came upstairs to rest and make dinner. Things are finally quiet here, but I'm waiting on Charlie to wake up so I can give him a bath. I really can't remember a time when I've felt this exhausted, both physically and mentally. I'm very ready for Friday when Alan gets home!


No comments:
Post a Comment