Happy 2-month birthday, baby Charlie! It is so hard to believe that he's been here 2 whole months already! It feels like I was just in the hospital yesterday...

We decided not to go to church today since Charlie is still not over his cold. We are going to start putting him in the nursery and since he would be in there with a bunch of other tiny babies, I didn't want to get anyone else's baby sick. It also allowed us to continue potty training weekend (although we had to use a diaper to go to dinner last night). Carter wore his big boy underwear all day today and did very well! He had two small accidents first thing this morning (I think the diaper last night threw him off), but after that he went all day long with no accidents! He would stand up suddenly and say, "Oh! I have to go potty!" and then he would run to his potty and do his thing (both number 1 and 2!). We are so proud of him!!! We even ventured out to Subway and Wal-Mart tonight, and he used the potty in Wal-Mart (of course I carry a portable seat to put on public potties, and we wiped everything down with anti-bacterial wipes really well).
We are following a method we saw on TV that is supposed to potty train kids in a day. It allows the child to take responsibility for his own body - cleaning up his own messes, and knowing when he has to go (parents don't ask, "do you have to go potty"). We just told him that when he has to go, he needs to go to his potty. I know this is only the first full day of potty training, so we are still officially in the training mode, but hopefully this method really is as good as it claims!
Other than the trip to Wal-Mart, we stayed in all day and did crafts and chores. Carter got to play with some new things I bought for craft time - some sponges for painting (along with washable paint) and a big box of cookie cutters. He LOVES doing projects! I also love the fact that I can give him a project to do and get lots of things done, since it keeps him occupied for a while.
Carter also decided to take one of Charlie's blankets and put it around him like a cape. He ran through the house claiming to be the king, and saying, "hail to the king." I'm not sure where he got that (Barney, maybe?). Then, he decided he was Mr. King for the rest of the day. Ha!

All is peaceful here now. Carter is in bed, Charlie is sleeping on Alan's chest after getting a bath, and I just finished mopping the kitchen. I love the smells of a clean baby and a clean house!
No comments:
Post a Comment