Alan had surgery Friday on just about everything throat related (uvula, tonsils, adenoids, and soft palate), plus his nasal septum. Five things total! Nana and Pawpaw came to get Carter on Thursday night to keep him through the weekend. Friday started very early, getting up at 3:00 (on purpose, not because Charlie was up) for a 5:00 am scheduled start time. We had to wait a long time in a "prep" room of sorts, but then they finally took him back at around 7:00. I then went to eat breakfast in the cafeteria, passing by the birth suites on the way. It's very strange to be on the other end of things in that hospital :)
Everything went well according to the surgeon, and they finally released us to go home at about 1:00 in the afternoon. Alan has been very groggy and in a lot of pain since then (understandably so). Nana, Pawpaw and Jacob came over yesterday and did yard work for us but they took Carter back with them to give Alan some additional time to recuperate. He doesn't quite understand not to climb all over Daddy and it's difficult for both of them. Alan and Charlie have spent a lot of time sleeping in the recliner together the past few days :) I think this is the first time we've spent alone with Charlie since he came home from the hospital and it's great to get some bonding time with him. We do miss Carter though, and I think he's coming home tomorrow. I hope Alan's ready! :) Tomorrow is also our anniversary, so I guess we'll get to spend it all together as a family (Alan made reservations to go out this Saturday night, but I'm not sure he'll be ready!). Our sweet Sunday School class is bringing us dinner every other day this week, starting with today - I'm so grateful for all the help we're getting! 


No comments:
Post a Comment