Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hairacucks and other family outings


Yesterday was soccer day, but wouldn't you know that I forgot to put the memory card in my camera? Nothing really different from the other weeks though, in terms of picture opportunities. However, Coach Rob may be eating his words about Carter :) Yesterday was not a very good listening day. Alan got to go with us since he's off work recuperating from surgery, and we were both reminded of the child playing baseball who's sitting in the outfield picking dandelions. There was a lot of doing his own thing and not paying attention - bouncing the ball (we don't bounce the ball in soccer), throwing it above his head to watch where it landed, throwing balls for the other kids to kick and instructing them to kick it into the goal (just like Coach Rob does), etc. It was really pretty funny, but we tried not to laugh!

We had another yummy dinner delivered last night - our friends are so nice! After dinner, we went to the Joneses house so Holly and I could talk shop. We're thinking of starting a business to make money - things are tight when you're a stay at home mom!

Today I woke up and decided that Carter needed a haircut (hairacuck as he would say). I called my hairdresser, Wendy, and luckily she had an opening! Carter is so good about getting his hair cut and he sits really still the whole time. He's such a big boy! Since I want to get his portrait made next year, we're experimenting with hairstyles so I can find the best one. It's a good thing Wendy is good at reading minds, because I'm terrible at explaining hairstyles ;)


I've recently become aware that Carter is usually not wearing many clothes in the pictures on the blog - that's because he's usually doing an art project or eating something messy. He's also very particular about his clothes and can't wear anything that's slightly dirty, or can't put on the same shirt after his nap that he was wearing pre-nap, so we change clothes a lot. And I do a lot of laundry. He has a little OCD going on :) So, since he was wearing his cute outfit that Gigi made him, I made him stand still and model his outfit and new haircut :)


Tonight I just HAD to get out of the house for something longer than a haircut. I think Alan was about to take bets on who would go crazy first - Carter or me. We were both climbing the walls! Since there are oh-so-many options of things to do here in the booming town of Chelsea, we headed to McDonald's to eat and play, and then to Wal-Mart for a little grocery shopping. What a difference an outing makes for attitudes! That was just enough to put both Carter and me in better spirits :) Alan and Charlie were just along for the ride...


Tomorrow is another playdate, so we should have lots of fun things to report!

No comments: