Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Halloween (a little late)!!!



Once again, I'm slacking when it comes to writing. This time, it is due largely to Carter's birthday party over the weekend - preparing for it last week, and recovering from it this week! I thought I would share some of our Halloween adventures before I forget what we did.

Wednesday night, our church had a fall festival of sorts. I should have known by the name, Slime Time, that we would be in for a fun night ;) We first ate dinner in the fellowship hall (crowded!) and then went to visit some of the rooms in the upstairs preschool department (more crowded!). After doing a few activities there, we skipped some of the rooms and went downstairs to the rooms in the children's department (most crowded!). I ended up waiting at the end of the hallway while Alan and Carter went to each room to do the activity there and get some candy. We decided not to dress up because we didn't want to get our costumes messy - good choice!

Of all the new and fun things to do in the different rooms, Carter's favorite thing was playing in ice, which he does in the Adventure Room at school on a regular basis ;)
Thursday was "Farmer Day" at school. Carter protested dressing up in overalls and I couldn't get a good picture of him. I got few candids though - he was such a cute (albeit unwilling) farmer! The funny thing is that now he talks about being a farmer and thinks he was a farmer for Halloween whenever people ask him :)

Friday was Halloween, and we were excited to go to the Jones' house for our annual tradition of Trick-or-Treating and eating chili! I realized that we were the only non-family members they invited, and we feel so special to be included! On the way over, we stopped by a couple of houses in our neighborhood so they could see our boys dressed up. Carter was a monkey and Charlie a banana - ha!

Notice the look Charlie is giving Carter - priceless!


I dressed as a cowgirl, just to show some holiday spirit. When we got to the Jones' house, Carter said, "Cowboy, are you gonna get this monkey out of the car?" We did a lot of trick-or-treating in the Jones' neighborhood - I'm sure their neighbors loved us ;)

Afterward, we went back to their house to eat dinner and let the kids play for a while. As always, Miss Colly's chili was fantastic! Charlie and the other Miss Holly (Jonathan's sister) carried on quite the conversation... :)

It was such a fun night with friends, and I hope we continue this tradition for many years to come!

No comments: