I wrote this at midnight a few days ago, took it off the next day, but now I'm putting it back by popular demand....
Ok, this blog is about our wonderful children and family and not political at all. However, I am so upset that I had to get out of bed to vent a little. Below are a few of my concerns. No matter where you stand on certain social or political issues, #1 and #3 to me are just non-negotiable.
1) As we all know, our President-Elect voted to deny medical treatment to babies who were born prematurely after a failed abortion. No matter where you stand on abortion, this is NOT abortion - these are actual live, newborn babies. Anyone who has any children or has even seen a baby up close and personal should be sick to their stomachs at the thought of letting a newborn suffer and die with no nourishment or medical treatment. I get upset if my babies even whimper for more than one second - probably the reason Charlie never cries, he doesn't have to...
2) James Dobson, famed evangelical Christian, is being protested. For standing up for what the Bible says. What?!? A majority of Americans claim to be Christians, so I last heard. If this is the case, are people not reading their Bibles? Or do they have a different version than I do? Besides, that's not the point - James Dobson is being protested for something he didn't say. He's going by the Bible, not his own agenda, so aren't these people barking up the wrong tree? People claiming to be open-minded are condemning others for their beliefs. But I hold tight the right to free speech, so the fact that people are protesting him doesn't make me so mad except for the fact that I like James Dobson so much (I learned a lot from him about parenting my strong-willed child). Stop picking on him.
3) When did Socialism and/or Communism become in fashion? I thought as a general rule, our country was against this. Hmmm... Maybe at least I'll be on the receiving end of wealth redistribution.
In closing, a quote from good ol' Honest Abe (this speaks volumes to #3):
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.
--Abraham Lincoln
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment