I don't like to brag (ok, yes I do), but I wanted to mention a couple of things that have happened recently... If you aren't close family who enjoys this kind of thing, you might want to skip this one ;)
Wednesday after soccer, I was about to drive off when Coach Rob came out and stopped me in the parking lot. He talked for about 10 minutes and told me that Carter is BRILLIANT and thanked me for bringing him to soccer and letting him know Carter. He said, "I can't tell yet at his age if it's athletic brilliance or booksmart brilliance, but he's brilliant, and he's going to be something special." (We think it's both athletic AND academic brilliance!) He also told me again that we are doing such a superb job raising him, and in all his years doing this he has NEVER seen a child as young as Carter who does this well and that he's constantly amazed. Carter is the youngest kid out there yet he's one of the best (if I do say so myself!). He said Carter is "Monkey see, monkey do." Even in some of the really complex things they did this week, Carter was able to do everything just right! At first he started to go the wrong direction around some cones, but stopped himself and did it the right way. Coach Rob told me that as long as he's focused, he's so great. (We all know that Carter can be somewhat unfocused at times, but that's ok, because he's a 3-year-old boy!) I can't remember all the things he said, but I'm sure my chest puffed out and my head was the size of the Grand Canyon!
Today at my moms' meeting at church, the teachers in Carter's class told me when I picked him up that he is SO smart and has such a huge vocabulary! They too were amazed at how much he knows. Aren't we all?!? ;)
Charlie has also been amazing us with his baby brilliance :) I bought a toy to go in the car for him last week, thinking that it would give him something to look at. It has a mirror on top, and some toys at the bottom that he can kick. One plays music, another one buzzes, and the third one just turns and makes noise when he kicks it. I didn't realize he was old enough to know cause and effect so well, but he figured it out the very first time he saw it! He learned which one does what, and he kicks the music one until it plays music, and then listens to the music. When the music goes off, he kicks it again :) He also likes to leave his foot pressed down on the buzzy one and thinks that's funny.
Charlie is becoming a pro at rolling over in both directions, finding his voice (so cute), sitting up VERY well (for short periods of time), and is learning to switch things back and forth between his hands. When I feed him lately, he's been playing little games with me. When he thinks he's "got" me, he cuts his eyes to the side and laughs, showing his cute little grin. What a little trickster already!


No comments:
Post a Comment