Sunday, November 9, 2008

Relaxing Family Weekend

We've had a semi-relaxing weekend, which is a very nice treat. Yesterday morning, Daddy and Carter got up bright and early to resurrect their old tradition of eating breakfast at the Huddle House. Soon, Charlie will be able to go with them too, and Mommy will get a real break on Saturday mornings! When they got home, they went outside and worked on Carter's sandbox and got it all ready to put sand in it. Now we just need to get the sand (part of his b'day present from Gigi and Papa)! After that, we played downstairs for a while...

I've been shot!
Grandpa - this one's for you! He was pretending to be you with a moustache and pretending to talk like you. Ha!
Here is Charlie playing on the bed in his tractor jammies! He LOVES looking at the tractors - so funny! Also funny is that I bought this for next spring (it's pretty lightweight) and it's a size 18 months yet already fits. We make some big babies!
After lunch, the boys rested for a while, and then we decided to go to the Galleria to ride the carousel and walk around for a little while. The ornament booth that I buy personalized ornaments from each year was having a one-day-a-year sale, so I was glad we went! I got all our 2008 personalized ornaments, and also got the boys some Christmas jammies at Gymboree - I can't wait to take their picture in them!


Today we decided to be lazy, and we skipped church. I was so sleepy, and managed to sleep in until 9 am! Thanks, Daddy, for letting me sleep late! We played all morning and then around 2 we headed to Drake's house for his birthday party! Carter had so much fun playing with Drake and some of his other friends from his old school. I also ran into two people I knew - what a small world! One of my old roommates from college works with Drake's mom, and she came and brought her daughter. I haven't seen her since we were both pregnant with our now 3-year-olds (we had the same due date!). I also saw a guy I went to high school with, whose son goes to Carter's old school. The funny thing about this is that I didn't realize his son was in Carter's class until AFTER I quit work and I took Carter one day just to play with his old friends as a treat.

The party was sports themed, and everyone was supposed to wear their team's jersey. Everything was so cute - they had lots of sports stations set up in the back yard for the kids to play with (t-ball, footballs, etc), along with Drake's jump house. They also had a background that the kids got behind to take pictures - it had cutouts for faces, and it was a picture of a baseball batter and catcher. Everyone got their picture made with the birthday boy there, and it served as one of the party favors (they printed them out during the party and put them in some custom-made sports themed frames). Too cute! Unfortunately, Carter's didn't turn out well and I didn't get there with my camera in time to get a pic myself, so I didn't get a picture of Carter and Drake like that. They did give us two other cute pictures in our frames instead. This was only one of the great favors, making me realize that I need to step it up in the favor department!




Carter didn't get a nap today (none of the kids today did and all of them still take naps, so there were a few challenging moments). We were home about 5 minutes before Carter conked out watching some of his Bible songs on video.

He got really mad when Daddy tried to wake him up by changing his clothes...

That's it for now... We only have school one day this week because Tuesday is a holiday. Hoping and praying for a great week!

No comments: