Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Comics

I thought I would use today's post to write about a few of the funny things Carter has said lately. For simplicity's sake, I'll use M for me and C for Carter in conversation situations.


C (taking away the mini vacuum I was trying to plug in to recharge): AAAAHHH! That's MINE!
M: No, Carter, we do NOT talk that way. That is not nice. Mommy is plugging it in to charge because it doesn't work right now.
C: NOOO! That's MINE!
M: Go to time out - I told you that we do not talk that way.
C (with big, big eyes): But Mommy, I'm your best friend!
HA! He already tries to use charm to get out of trouble! No such luck, my friend!
This situation reminds me of other times, when I take a toy away from him. Every toy that I take away is his FAVORITE toy! Oh, the drama!


Today, we all took Alan to the airport to catch his plane. On the way, we passed the hospital where both boys were born. I asked him if he remembered coming there when Charlie was born, and he did. On the way home, this is what he said:
C: Let's take Charlie back to the hospital so he can sleep.
M: Why would you want to do that? We wouldn't take him back.
C: He's been crying EVERY DAY! He cries for a long, long, long, long time!
That's so funny, because Charlie hardly EVER cries! He sometimes goes days at a time without crying at all. He doesn't even cry when he wakes up in the mornings or in the middle of the night for his feeding. I didn't know that was possible for a baby to do!

Getting in the car today to go to Wal-Mart:
M (singing): Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble...
C: NOO! Not Hum-boat! Not HUM-BOAT!
M (rolling my eyes and singing again): Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble... When you're perfect in every way...
C: No! Stop, Mommy! I don't like your song!
M: Why don't you like my song?
C: Because it has bugs in it!!!
HUH? I know I can't sing well, but I thought kids didn't notice :) Guess my voice is just THAT bad!


At Wal-Mart, the song "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" played on the radio. This was one of the songs on the CD we played at the cowboy party. I didn't realize Carter listened to those songs, but he promptly said, "Hey! That's a cowboy song!"

Yesterday we gave Carter a couple of birthday presents - a soccer goal set and a baseball glove and some soft baseballs. Apparently, we haven't spent enough time going over some of the things he does in soccer (and Coach Rob yells so much that it's hard to understand him sometimes). Carter told me that he was kicking the ball into the golt (goal), and then he told me it was stuck in the nut (net).



Some of the things he has learned in soccer are so funny. For instance, they always celebrate their goals and have several ways to do this; they might do any one of these things on any given goal...
  • They might grab the bottom of their shirt and shake it, yelling, "GOOOOAAAALLL" (GOOOOLLLLT in our case) and then they kiss the colors,
  • They might do the cowboy (you just have to see this one),
  • They might do the Vulcan (as in the Vulcan statue in B'ham) - they jump and land with one hand up in the air and stand very still. Then they have to do the Homewood side, meaning they turn around and do the statue with their backs to the audience (the city of Homewood gets to see Vulcan's booty),
  • Or, they might do an airplane and then crash into the wall, lay on the ground a few minutes, and then jump up exclaiming, "I'm okay!!"

Tomorrow is Carter's birthday, and we have a day o' fun planned! I'd better be getting to bed soon so I won't be a party pooper!

P.S. Alan just called to tell me that he just shared a rental car bus with Kris Kristofferson. :)


P.P.S. To end this scattered, random blog, a few pictures:

Charlie playing in his Jumperoo (Cheryl gave this to him along with many other things before he was born, and Alan just put it together).


Look at those FAT legs! I LOVE baby fat!

I was feeding Charlie yesterday and couldn't help Carter put together his puzzle like I normally do. With a little verbal instruction from me, he put the whole thing together all by himself! First time to do this on a big puzzle!
Charlie has always held onto his ear for comfort - it's his favorite thing when he's sleepy!

War Eagle anyway! We're not fair-weather fans :) And hey, since Carter's already suited up, he couldn't hurt the team by going out on the field - it might be worth a shot!
Yesterday, we went to Alan's aunt and uncle's house to take some Christmas pictures. Janie always has the most spectacular trees (one in every room) and she puts them up super early! Here are a few of the good shots:




1 comment:

KS said...

Do you think if I took pictures of MY chubby thighs I could get comments on how cute it is?? LOL! I do love me some baby fat, too, but I think the kid-adult double standard is really not very fair!