Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We Be Jammin'

Carter and Charlie love Guitar Hero. Carter loves to actually play it, while Charlie likes to imitate his brother or try and keep up. (Now, Alan says part of our drums are broken - like the wire is broken and unfixable.) I can just picture them as teenagers in the garage, disturbing the neighborhood...

At one point, they both sat down, side-by-side in the floor to watch TV. They did this all on their own accord, and I've never seen them sit like this before. So cute!

Eventually, Charlie started talking to Carter (it sounded like he was asking questions, like he was trying to figure out what was going on with the show). Carter didn't like this, so eventually he got up and left. Don't talk to him while his show is on! :)



Oh, I finally finished the boys' coats. Alan laughed because it feels like Spring here now, but they finally have their Winter coats! They were a little more difficult because I put a quilted fabric in between the outside and lining fabrics, for warmth. I had to take Charlie's apart once or twice to fix some part of the fabric that was not sewn (it was kind of hard to make sure ALL layers were meeting up correctly, and you have a small margin of error in your seams). Overall though, it was not a hard pattern at all, and I will probably do more next year (although, maybe not any more with batting or quilted fabric).
Carter's is a wide wale brown corduroy with blue/white/brown small plaid lining. This pattern runs really short though - I made him a size 7, and even ADDED 1.5 inches length, and it still just fits him for this year - probably not next year, though :(


Charlie's is light blue fine wale corduroy with blue/green/brown/white plaid lining. I made him a size 4 and added 1.5 inches, and I think his might actually still fit next year... Yay :)


No comments: