Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year 2010! We had the most boring New Year's Eve ever. Alan had to work (although he worked from home), and on the plus side, our housekeeper came, and we also got all our Christmas decorations down. A lot of friends/family were out of town, sick, or busy last night. We were invited to a party at the Franklins' house, and it was child friendly and all... But we really didn't want to take Charlie (they have too many stairs to deal with, plus it started at 7, which is his bedtime). It was also a surprise birthday party for Mandy, and I'm kind of sad we didn't go. However, we didn't think about getting a babysitter until it was too late, so we just stayed home. Actually, we went and got takeout (the only time out all day!) and came home, ate, and put kids to bed. Then, Alan and I watched Transformers 2, which I had not seen before. It was ok, but kind of long, and really not my kind of movie. I didn't even put on makeup all day - ha!

Carter was upset that we didn't get any fireworks this year like we normally do. We tried to watch some from neighboring streets, but we kept missing them. Also, there were some REALLY loud ones that kept waking Charlie up. I guess I never thought about that before I had children, but I was so scared he was going to wake up and not go back to sleep... Luckily, he's not like his brother, and he CAN actually go back to sleep (you could've hung it up and known you had to stay up all night if that had been Carter as a baby).

I realized at midnight how sad I am that we're in 2010. What a big year. Ever since we had Carter back in 2005, this year (2010) has been in the back of my mind as the big year, when he turns 5. I don't know why, but it has just been looming in my head and always seemed so far away. So, here we are, the year when my sweet Carter turns 5 (I know it's not until November, but it's still upsetting). On the plus side, this will be our 10th anniversary year! Woo-hoo! Wait, that kind of makes me feel old...

As far as resolutions, Alan and I have the same ones, basically. We want to read the Bible every day, lose some weight (we have a little competition here), spend less and save more. Actually, I read that you should have commitments, not resolutions, because those are rarely kept. So I guess those are our commitments :)

We hope everyone has a wonderful and prosperous 2010!!!

1 comment:

Holly :) said...

I like that...committments - not resolutions. At least you had a productive New Year's Eve! Isn't it funny the older we get, the more we'd rather just stay home and watch the ball drop on t.v. than go out anywhere!?