Sunday, January 10, 2010

Monster Jam!

Yesterday, Alan, Pawpaw and Jacob took Carter to the Monster Jam. Carter was SOOO excited to go. Alan said he was so excited the entire time. Even during intermission, they had BMX bike riders doing flips, and he loved that - he kept getting so excited and saying each time they did a flip. His favorite truck was the El Toro Loco - some kind of crazy truck with horns on the side - so that's the shirt he picked out as well. I sent Alan with the little camera, so pictures aren't that great, but he took a LOT of them. Enjoy!

Carter with his ear plugs in and popcorn to eat!
Carter was probably the only little boy there wearing an appliqued monster truck shirt. Here is El Toro Loco doing a trick:
I originally wanted to go, and find a sitter for Charlie. Looking at some of these pics, I'm glad I didn't! I would've been a nervous wreck. They come every 2 years, so in 2 years time, both boys will be able to go. The infamous Grave Digger:
Apparently all the trucks did a number on this vehicle - it's smashed to smitherines!

Finally, I am sure I don't have to tell anyone how cold it's been this week. School was even closed on Thursday because of the chance of snow (haha). We got a few little flurries, and then it turned to rain. On Friday, we actually had some big flakes, though - we got tiny little bits of accumulation on the playset, grill, etc. Carter got all bundled up (in his jammies, though) to see it snowing:

1 comment:

Holly :) said...

Looks like they had a blast at Monster Jam!!! And it doesn't surprise me at all that Carter had an appliqued shirt to match the activity. ;)