Saturday, January 23, 2010

My kind of allergy

This post is all about Carter...

Yesterday, I was explaining to Carter about Charlie's allergies. I want him to be aware so he can make sure Charlie doesn't ingest any milk or eggs and so he can help me be on the lookout. A little while later, I asked him to clean up his toys, and I was in the bathroom getting ready. He came to see me and said, "Mommy, I have to tell you a secret." I asked him what it was, and he whispered, "I'm allergic to cleaning up my toys." Ha!

Tonight, we were putting together some puzzles before bed and Carter said, "I know what this is." He then sounded a little timid, like he wasn't sure how to pronounce what he wanted to say, "This is a cinnamon mixer? A sentiment mixer?" Of course, now he knows it is a cement mixer :)

Also while we were putting together puzzles, he was going really fast. He said, "I'm so smart." I guess he's heard that a time or two? Anyway, I told him we don't really need to say that - it doesn't sound nice and might make other people feel bad. He said, "But Mommy, everybody's smart. I'm smart, and everyone else is smart, too." :)

His teacher, Ms. Coline, told me that he and Samantha have been having more issues at school. She has to keep them separated at all times (they are just like brother/sister). They even try to ride each other like horses, she says, although Carter said they are pretending to be alligators. She said he had been doing a really good job lately though, and not really instigating anything or fighting back, but last Thursday was a different story. Although she did say he is very sweet and she is blessed to have him in her class because he helps the other children learn (she continues to tell me how smart he is). But just don't tell him too much, because I don't want him continuing to say that :)

1 comment:

Holly :) said...

Hilarious! That was pretty smart of Carter to decide he was allergic to cleaning up his toys! Clever little kiddo! :)