Thursday, January 7, 2010

The rest of Christmas and New Year's

Alan and Carter watched Auburn play its bowl game on New Year's Day morning. Carter understands a lot of the terms from playing soccer (he can explain the difference between offense and defense and seems to understand a lot of what's going on). He actually sat still and enjoyed watching the game for a while...
Speaking of soccer, Carter had an awesome class this past week. Coach Rob gave me a thumbs up several times, and said he was doing a fantastic job. For a while, they have been working on evasive maneuvers and faking out the opponent when you are on offense. He has pretty much mastered the scissor kick and the double scissor kick, and he's also getting better at defense. He told Coach Rob he wants to be a goalie when he grows up :)


Ok, back to our story... Gigi and Papa came over for New Year's Day afternoon, as kind of a last minute celebration. We had such a good time visiting, and they got to play with the boys for a while. We ate a yummy dinner of ham, meatloaf, black-eyed peas, greens, and cornbread. We also had a really yummy strawberry poundcake from Edgar's for dessert - way to start off our New Year's resolutions ;)


The next day, Grandpa, Grandma Sherrie and Tristan came over for us to exchange Christmas presents. The boys got some really great presents, and I really love the fact that this book came with a CD. Meaning, I can turn it on and put it on repeat for 23 times and I don't have to actually read it 23 times. This has been one of his favorite books forever, and I think we may have thrown away the original copy because it was falling apart (either that, or we lost it). So, we were so glad to get a much needed new copy - we haven't been able to read it in quite a while.
Carter LOVES this book and even though we haven't sat down and read it together yet, he knows the entire story and turns the pages and tells us what's going on. He even knows the angel's name, and many details I know i've never told him. I guess he's been listening in school and/or Sunday school! (Recently, he corrected me on a detail about the wise men and shepherds - ha!)
Charlie loves this super cute and soft puppy!
Tonight, Carter was playing Guitar Hero and looking so cute. He was dancing along with the beat; Charlie was dancing, too, and I tried getting a video but he never cooperates when the video camera is on.
Daddy got a shipment in the mail, and of course the boys loved playing in the box. Carter wouldn't get out until I took his picture in the box - ha!
Last, but not least, Alan went hunting last weekend (for the first time since I've known him) with Samantha's dad. He looked so funny (cute) in his get-up that I had to take his picture. Then I realized he looked soft for a hunter, so I asked him to give me a mean look that the deer would be intimidated by. Be careful that you don't have any deer walking by your window - they might panic (or die laughing, either one is not so good for the deer).

I think they are going again next weekend, so maybe we'll actually get some venison out of it...

2 comments:

Holly :) said...

Okay, I was going to comment on all of the other cute pics and tell you that it looks like the kids had a great time opening more presents and spending time with family...but I totally forgot everything when I saw that last picture of Alan. HILARIOUS!!! He looks like such a scary hunter. Look out, Bambi! :)

KS said...

LOL - I love the last picture of Alan! that's hysterical!!!