Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy Moments

We've pretty much done the normal thing lately - getting into a routine with school again this year... I really miss the summer when we could sleep late (on those few days the kids actually slept late) and stay in our jammies all day. Now, we have to get up and get ready, get lunches packed, etc. 3 days per week. Ugh.

I keep forgetting to write this down, but I always want to remember how Charlie was at this age. He is still a baby and looks like one... I love this about him. He is still so sweet, and every time I pick him up, he lays his head on my chest or shoulder and rubs my arm. That's my own little piece of heaven. I'm sure the time will come when he will be embarassed to hug me, but for now I am loving how affectionate he is!

My other little piece of heaven is when Carter comes up to me and spontaneously tells me that he loves me. Coming from a rowdy, almost 4-year-old boy, that means a lot! He has such a sweet heart...

And to confirm our suspiscions that Carter is going to be an athletic genius, rivaling the likes of Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, and Bo Jackson combined (even though Carter's white), a soccer story for you... Last week at soccer, they did several new activities. Each week there are different practice techniques to improve their abilities, and each week they are a little more difficult. Carter did GREAT at all of the new things! The last thing they did was to have really small balls thrown at them (wiffle balls, but smaller than normal ones). They were supposed to kick them, and this was a little difficult for most of the kids. They couldn't get the timing just right and would kick too soon or too late, etc. Carter kicked every one of his and they went up into the air, back at the coach. Woo-hoo, go David Beckham, Jr.!

1 comment:

Holly :) said...

Carter is a soccer pro! Tell him not to forget the "little people" when he's a famous soccer player! :)

Such sweet memories...glad you blogged about them so you won't forget a thing about this special time in their lives...they are growing too fast!!!!!