Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cuties

No big update... Carter and Alan went to the local football game last Friday night and Carter had a great time. I think his M.O. in going to these games is to aquire lots and lots of junk food. He ate a hamburger, funnel cake, and candy :) Here he is one Wednesday night before church. Alan asked if he was going out on a date, and someone else told me looked like a tiny frat boy. I just thought he was cute!

Charlie is doing well with walking, when he wants to. He walked from our living room all the way to the den, but he really doesn't walk very often. Crawling is the "comfort zone" and is much faster and easier. So, he has the way but not the will. How do you force a baby to do something they don't want to? You don't! I just hope that going to MDO and seeing all the other walkers will influence him - good peer pressure is always helpful! We tried out Gymboree last week and I was hoping that would be good for his learning. He had a great time, but it was so tiring for me! I had to chase him the whole time and frankly, I can do that at home without paying $65/month in addition to membership fees. Granted, they have cooler toys, so we may still consider it... But I think I prefer to wait until he's walking well on his own. Charlie is getting into EVERYTHING! Here are two of his favorite things to do...

Pull out all the towels from the drawer: check. Climb into the drawer: check, check.


Pull all the toilet paper off a BRAND NEW roll: check. (Look at the expression he has at getting caught with it! His first reaction before I took the picture was a huge grin - how could I get mad at that?!?) Crawl around the house with it, looking cute: check, check.

1 comment:

Holly :) said...

Those pics are TOO CUTE! Love Carter's big boy outfit. It's strange to see him in something you didn't make. :) Charlie is getting to that stage where he's into everything - get ready! It's so cute and frustrating at the same time! :) But, how could you ever be frustrated at a precious face like that!? :)