Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Father's Day! (and other catch-up items)

Last Saturday, Alan spent the better part of the morning/early afternoon in the yard. It was hot as all get out, but he wouldn't quit until his tools quit for him (during his last step - using the blower - he discovered a cut fuel line). I had to take a picture of this... I'm not sure what possessed him to drive his truck into our front yard, but it was a crazy sight. Most of you know that our front yard is basically a mountain/cliff (depending on which end you're looking at). He used our neighbor's very, very steep driveway, and then climbed another hill from their driveway into our yard to accomplish this. Father's Day, the boys and I gave Alan his presents first thing. He got a new Polo shirt (pink), a new Bible with his name engraved (a small one he can take everywhere), a new Auburn belt, and a picture holder that spells out "Daddy" and has wires coming out the top to hold pictures (does that make sense?). After that, we got ready, went to church as usual and then out to lunch. We had a pretty relaxing afternoon. Happy Father's Day, Daddy! You are such a great daddy and we love you so much!!! We had a fairly uneventful week (except one venture out to Sam's and Costco), and then on Thursday, the boys and I all made the trek to Tuscaloosa. Not just to visit Daddy at work, mind you, but for Charlie's 12 month photo session with Chuck Collins. He's actually closer to 13 months - this is so hard to believe! I can't believe he's already past 1. The photo session was just "okay," because the boys didn't really cooperate very well. Hopefully we got some great shots, though because I'm not going through all that again! Somehow, Chuck, Jr. always manages to capture great pictures!

After eating at Panera with Daddy, we had to hurry back home... Gigi and Cheryl came over to babysit so that I could go get my hair "did" with Holly. We go to the same hairdresser, but had never been at the same time before. I think Wendy may not allow us to do that again - ha!

Here we are before...

And here we are after! Mine was pretty drastic! I've had an inverted bob or some sort of straight, all one length hair for several years now, and it was time for a change! Plus, layers are in :) Don't we look fabulous, dahlings? :) Thanks so much, Gigi and Cheryl, for allowing me time away for beautification purposes! Tonight, Miss Adrienne came over to babysit so that Alan and I could have a date night. Hooray! We ate at Amore Ristorante Italiano (yummy!) and then went to see The Proposal. It was so cute and funny - even Alan liked it a lot.

Finally, I leave you with some cute pictures of Charlie. Is that redundant? Cute pictures of Charlie - of course they are cute ;)

Playing with his new splash pad. He was fascinated by the water coming out and kept trying to catch it or drink it.

Our future drummer...

Can you see his tongue sticking out? That's his new look....
So happy!

1 comment:

Holly :) said...

YAY!!! A new post!!! Great update and pics. And your new haircut is fabulous, dahling! :)