Carter is taking swimming lessons with his friend, Samantha. Here they are enjoying snack afterward. I have pictures of the actual lesson on my other camera, which I will upload later, when you least expect it. They had a great time, and have since been to one other lesson. Their teacher, Miss Jordan, said they are doing a great job!
Charlie has started playing peekaboo on his own. He hides his own eyes and then smiles or laughs when we start playing the game with him. So cute!
On Sunday, Nana, Pawpaw, Jacob, Eli and Brandy all came to visit and go out to eat in celebration of Pawpaw's birthday. Brandy brought her dog (also named Charlie) - he is such a sweetie! Carter enjoyed playing with him and imitating him...
On Sunday, Nana, Pawpaw, Jacob, Eli and Brandy all came to visit and go out to eat in celebration of Pawpaw's birthday. Brandy brought her dog (also named Charlie) - he is such a sweetie! Carter enjoyed playing with him and imitating him...
Charlie has started actually crawling for real now (not the military on the belly crawl), and he is getting very good at pulling up, and doing some cruising. This has all happened very quickly, and I don't think it will be long before he's walking. WAAAH! My little baby is growing up!

Speaking of growing up, he is now a whole year old!!! On Tuesday (the day before his birthday), I spent all day chasing a dream... I wanted to make him a really cute outfit to wear on his birthday. My super-duper machine apparently has some issues, because it would not do the applique correctly and I ruined 2 shirts. Well, I was pretty determined to get it done... I went over to Gigi's house and the boys got to play all day. They had lots of fun - Carter loved looking at their new camper and he wants to go with them on their next adventure ;) Anyway, I was also there to try and make the shirt on her machine. Well, her computer had died, and I forgot to bring mine with me, so we weren't able to do it. Oh, well! I called a friend of mine (Samantha's mom) and she gladly let me come to her house to do it. All that craziness for a shirt to wear one day! But I thought it was so stinkin' cute ;)
Speaking of growing up, he is now a whole year old!!! On Tuesday (the day before his birthday), I spent all day chasing a dream... I wanted to make him a really cute outfit to wear on his birthday. My super-duper machine apparently has some issues, because it would not do the applique correctly and I ruined 2 shirts. Well, I was pretty determined to get it done... I went over to Gigi's house and the boys got to play all day. They had lots of fun - Carter loved looking at their new camper and he wants to go with them on their next adventure ;) Anyway, I was also there to try and make the shirt on her machine. Well, her computer had died, and I forgot to bring mine with me, so we weren't able to do it. Oh, well! I called a friend of mine (Samantha's mom) and she gladly let me come to her house to do it. All that craziness for a shirt to wear one day! But I thought it was so stinkin' cute ;)
He wasn't really interested in taking pictures...
On Wednesday (his actual birthday), the boys and I ate a special treat for breakfast - pancakes! Charlie LOVES them!!! After that, we went to soccer, as usual. Then we ran a few errands, including ordering his birthday cake and picking up a couple of presents and some last minute items for the party. We were going to celebrate by eating a food I actually thought he liked (chicken and mozzarella ravioli - he tried a sample at Costco and loved them, so I bought a big package). Well.... Charlie wouldn't even go near the ravioli after I cooked it, and I didn't have any sauce like I thought I did, so we ended up eating Mexican instead, and then went to church. When we got home, he had fallen asleep in the car, so we didn't get to enjoy the cupcakes I had bought that day either. I guess tonight was his official birthday celebration with the fam, since we ate the ravioli and cupcakes (Carter also sang Happy Birthday to him). It was also a big first - he ate green beans, English peas, and some of the ravioli! He is SOOOO picky and gags at the sight of food, even if he hasn't tasted it yet (unless it's something sweet). What do I do with him?!? Maybe tonight was a turning point, and we can actually stop buying baby food sometime soon...
This afternoon at snack time, I heard the old, familiar sound of the ice cream truck. This was a real treat, because Carter has never had ice cream from the ice cream truck. I didn't have any real cash, so I dug for some change. Carter chose some kind of cherry popsicle off the dollar menu... Yay for the first time with the ice cream truck! 


No comments:
Post a Comment