Sunday, May 23, 2010

End of Year School Program

Last Tuesday was the end of year school program for our boys. I almost started crying when I was walking into the place, and I just about lost it when they started playing the slideshow of pictures while playing music. One of the songs was "Let Them Be Little," by Billy Dean. Have you heard it? Because you need a box of tissues to get through one chorus. I was also emotional through the K4 class program, because I know they are moving onto Kindergarten next year. I didn't even have a child in that - ha! Theirs was mainly a practice before their graduation on Thursday night, which I heard was a real tear-jerker, so I don't know what I'll do next year! The pictures are bad because we were in the balcony and pretty far away...
Anyway, Charlie's class, along with the other baby class and 2-year-old classes were out next. Charlie is normally pretty shy, but he chose this moment to run across the stage the entire time. He would go sit in Ms. Shannon's lap and then get up and run to the other side, turn around and back up (get in just the right position) and stand there a moment before he went running back to her. Ha! Poor Ms. Shannon - it's a good thing we know her and she's a good sport!

Charlie was holding his friend's hand as they walked in and up on the stage - it was so cute!
Shannon was laughing at how funny Charlie was being.
When it was Carter's turn, he sang and did ALL the motions really well! I was sooooo proud of how well he did! Yay! Such a turnaround from the Fall, when Charlie participated and Carter didn't. Gigi and Papa came to watch (they were supposed to be on vacation and had even decided they would drive back from their vacation just for the program, and then go back to their vacation after it was over - how nice!). Carter was so proud of himself and was glad they were there to watch as well.

On the way in (going on stage), Carter held Claire's hand. When we were leaving, he held Samantha's hand. I think he's a little girl crazy?

No comments: