Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Little Things

I just love the little things of being a mom. All the sweet little moments and funny things my children do make me so happy. Like today, I told Charlie to go get some socks because his feet were cold. After several minutes, he came back with 3 pairs of socks and 1 shoe. :) He sat there and held up one foot at a time while I put his socks and shoe on, and then walked around with one shoe on and I finally convinced him to go get his other shoe.

A little while later, Charlie walked around saying, "Eat! Eat!" and then went right up to his high chair. I love it when I don't have to read his mind. And while he was in his high chair, he turned his head to the side and said, "Hey," and laughed hysterically (and repeated this several times).

Both boys are so excited today because Daddy is home. Alan doesn't take any vacation days. Ever. As a contract worker, he only gets paid when he works, and it's hard to convince him to not get paid. And most of our weekends lately have been very busy and full, so we haven't all been at home together during the day in a while. Both boys have really loved climbing on Daddy and wrestling with him. It's so nice to not have any obligations today (except t-ball practice)!

1 comment:

Holly :) said...

Precious boys you have! Glad y'all got to spend some family time at home today. Enjoy every minute...these days are FLYING by, aren't they!? :(