I think I forgot to mention that we took Carter out of soccer a few weeks ago. This was pretty sad, as he has been taking soccer since he was 2 1/2 (coming up on our 2nd anniversary). The last couple of weeks we went, he wasn't listening and was really acting up. He told us he wanted to quit, so we listened. No need in forcing him to do that and getting him really burned out on it. We tried to have a couple of "our special days" but really the behavior was pretty bad. So, I also felt there was no need to have Charlie in school on Wednesdays at a different school (and a lot of extra $$$ per month), so we took him out. Guess who wants to take soccer again? I don't know what to do because I don't want to put Charlie back in school again on Wednesdays (he was going 3 days per week, which is a lot for his age), but I don't want to take him with us, either.
Both boys went to school today at Charlie's old Wednesday school. They have something called Fun Fridays every other week or so, and it's pretty affordable, and they get to go and play, play, play all day long. Charlie's old teacher was his teacher again today, and she (and the director) said they think Charlie is very advanced for his age. They said there are lots of ways to be smart other than talking early, and he seems to be a leader in the class. They said that when he's there, he makes up games and everyone else follows him. When he's not there, they don't make up their own games. Also, today he was doing some kind of funny dance and moving his hips around - they finally figured out he was watching his shadow move. Ha!
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I think you should definitely put Carter back in soccer (and Andrew will be taking it, too) and put Charlie back in his old class so he can teach everyone new things each week. He's such a leader and a brilliant child!! Yay, Charlie!!! :)
Being a mom isn't always easy. Just remember, on some decisions, there are no right or wrong decisions. We have a little girl at church who was a preemie..everyone was so worried about her not talking and I told thme you could look at her and tell there was nothing wrong or "delayed" with her. Once she started, it was like a light switch was turned on and now we want her to be guiet! Kim asked Levi if he wanted to play baseball this season...he asked if the uniforms had long or short sleeves. Once he found out they had short sleeves, he said no thanks!
Post a Comment