If you've ever seen the movie Rat Race, the title will make sense to you :) Moving on... Saturday was another t-ball game, but I will have to wait about getting those pictures posted (on the big camera, once again). I actually set up my tripod and filmed Carter and friends at bat this time, as well. We're planning on having the entire team over before the next game and reviewing the film with them, to critique their techniques. Only kidding.
Charlie was very excited about the t-ball game, can't you tell? Actually, I tried hard to get a cute shot of him in this froggie outfit - it was one of Carter's favorites. He wasn't in a smiling mood :(
After the big game, Nana and Great Grandma stayed for a while to watch the boys so Alan and I could have a date afternoon. We ate at my new favorite restaurant (even though that is the one and only time I've been there), Pablo's Cantina. Can we say not your ordinary Mexican food? Two words: DEE-LISH! Maybe it was partially because I was so famished after eating an early bowl of cereal, and not getting to Pablo's until around 1:30... Or maybe it was the 2000 fat grams per ounce awesome cheese dip. Who could say? After stuffing myself to oblivion, we went to the movies and saw 17 Again. Alan was so excited to see Zac Efron, he could barely contain himself. Truth be told, he didn't even know who Zac was until after the movie when our friend Mac asked him about it. It was totally predictable, but very cute and funny. I wasn't in the mood for anything too deep or dramatic.
Sunday morning, Charlie woke up with a bit of a temperature and seemed a bit fussy, so we decided not to go to church. It turns out it was the emergence of his first tooth!!! Yay! My baby sprouted a tooth! Bring on the porterhouse steak ;) While the boys and I stayed home and stared at each other all day, Alan went to the race at Talladega with his dad and brother, Jacob. He had asked me if I wanted to go, but let's just say that's not my thing (I would have to get a serious sunburn on my neck - haha). I have never been to a race, never watched one on TV, and have less than zero desire to do so. Besides, I would just make a fool of myself in my bikini top and cowboy hat, pouring beer all over those around me and shouting, "Go, Junior!" at the top of my lungs. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Here is my very cool hubby in all his gear before the race (including the borrowed scanner - thanks, Mac - to listen to the pit crews, or so I'm told). Stand back, ladies - he's taken!

I have no idea what any of these pictures are about, but I thought I would include them since my hubby felt inspired enough to take them. Enjoy :)
P.S. I wasn't going to reveal this until I show up in my bikini next month, but because I re-read this post and noted a bit of cynicism in my tone, I thought I would explain... Since Charlie is weaned, I started a new diet on Monday and have followed it very strictly. 'Nuff said :) Please don't mention anything delicious or scrumptious to me if you value your life.


1 comment:
YEE HAW!!! Go Dale Jr! :) Only kidding...
Baby Charlie is getting to be such a big boy...a tooth! (Probably a good thing you weaned him...I'm sure the tooth would not be enjoyable while nursing). :)
Glad y'all got to have a date afternoon...we'll have to try that new restaurant...I can't pass up cheese dip! And since you're on a new diet, I'll eat your share, too!!! :)
Great blog!
Post a Comment