I'm still waiting on a few pictures from my big camera, but decided I wouldn't delay this post any longer. The Thursday before Easter, we took the boys (along with the Joneses) to the mall to see the Easter bunny. Both boys did so well and we got some cute pictures! Carter wore some seersucker pants I made him out of some leftover/scrap fabric - I'm really digging this sewing thing :)

Here is a picture of Charlie one Wednesday night at church... This is his favorite toy ever - he dives for it every time we go to his class! I think we might just have to get him one of these for his birthday...




After pictures, we decided to make an impromptu trip to Tuscaloosa to visit Daddy for lunch. We ate at Jason's Deli - yum! I wish he worked a little closer so we could do that more often - it's fun for all of us. Alan got off work an hour early for Easter, which ended up being a bad thing! He was rear-ended while sitting at a stop-light, and the lady who hit him was then rear-ended as well. Here is the back of our 4-month-old car :( Luckily, everyone is ok, except for a little back pain that Alan has. Nothing our wonderful chiropractor shouldn't be able to fix!
I have been on an organizing kick lately and have actually been productive. (Holly, pick your jaw up off the floor.) I was going through some magazines, and had 2 neat little stacks in our bedroom when I went to look for something else. Carter came running to find me and said, "Mommy! Charlie's messing up all the books - come look!" Note that they all started on the opposite side of that little carpeted area, but Charlie thought they would be better if he threw them behind himself. See why I don't get anything organized around here??? :)
Saturday before Easter, Gigi, Papa, Nan and Cheryl came over to watch Carter's t-ball game. Carter didn't really do his best, and ended up in the dugout for the last half of the game :( However, all was right with the world after we came back to our house for an Easter feast and Easter presents. The boys got so much stuff - thank you, everyone!
Charlie's basket from Mommy and Daddy (I know it doesn't look fair, but there isn't as much Charlie can have - we are getting his name engraved on a baby Bible just as we did for Carter's first Easter):
I have been really sick the past few days... It started as allergies a few weeks ago and kept getting worse. While I was at the lake this weekend, my cough got a lot worse and has been substantially worse each day since. I went to the doctor today and learned that I have pneumonia. Great. Just what every busy mom of 2 active young boys needs! I have had very little energy, and I guess it's because of lack of oxygen (plus the fever and just being sick in general). The doctor said I have about 70% lung capacity, but he said that was actually a lot better than he predicted by looking at the x-rays. I didn't tell him that I'm just an overachiever ;) I must also confess here that I didn't take the antibiotics prescribed for my leg (and no, my leg didn't fall off, Alan), because I came home and cried for two days about having to wean Charlie. I don't know how antibiotics work (are they targeted for different things?), but perhaps if I had taken that medication, it would have prevented my allergies from turning into something worse. So... Charlie is officially weaned and I'm following doctor's orders now. I was not mentally ready and am still upset, but maybe I'll just have to have another baby. Just kidding! Dad, please pick Mom up off the floor and tell her I was kidding.
I have to go back to the doctor on Thursday to see if my lung capacity has increased any and to see how I'm improving. He also mentioned that he suspects I might have allergy onset asthma. Nice. Although, Charlie screamed for the entire 2 hours today so maybe the doctor didn't say any of that at all - I could barely hear him! I was constantly taking him out of his stroller and putting him back when they needed to do something with me. I even did my breathing treatment standing up, while walking around as far as my tubes would go, bouncing him on my hip and shoulder. Here's hoping that Thursday's visit is better and that I don't have to struggle with him all day like I did today (it didn't get any better once we got home). Sheesh.


1 comment:
GREAT update! I'm picking myself up off the floor...can't believe you're organizing! I'm so proud! :) Also, I think I'll move into the Abrams' household around Easter time...can't believe the boys get Easter baskets from the Easter bunny AND y'all!
Hope you feel better soon...PLEASE let me help out with the boys!!!
Post a Comment