Saturday was Carter's first t-ball game, and he was so excited! The past two games had been canceled due to inclement weather, so he was beginning to give up on ever playing a game! Well, it was the same game that was postponed twice... I don't know if we have a make-up date yet or not. Anyway, I had been at a sit & sew the night before, and got home very late (got in bed around 1 am, and then got up a couple of times with Charlie), so I was very tired but once I was able to get out of bed, I too was energized and ready to go for this first game! Carter played 3rd base, and got to hit 3 times. He did a great job, and it was so much fun to watch! They don't keep score (or even have outs) in t-ball, but I'm pretty sure our team won ;) Nana, Pawpaw, Jacob, and Great-Grandma came to watch.
After the t-ball game, we went straight to our local jumping place for simultaneous birthday parties! Ella's party started at 10:20, and Harper's started at 11. It's a good thing they were at the same location! Carter was sooo tired, so we didn't stay for the cake and presents at the second party. After we got in the car, he fluttered his eyelids and said something incoherent (although I'm sure it made sense to him) and then flopped his head over and fell asleep. Charlie fell asleep right away too - he had been miserable, since he has trouble sleeping in his stroller (or anywhere except his bed, for that matter).
Sunday after church, we ate lunch and came home to get ready to go again. It was Great-Grandma's birthday, so we went out to eat with the whole family to celebrate. We ate at Red Lobster, and Carter loved it! I'm not sure if he's ever been there or not, but he loves seafood anyway. He actually chose broccoli for his side item, instead of rice or potatoes. That made me very proud!
Last night, Alan came home and put Charlie's shade on his window and fixed his crib so he could sleep in his own room. No one has ever slept in that room! It was Carter's nursery, but he stayed in our room (in a crib) until we moved him to his new room and big boy bed before Charlie was born. I think Charlie was a little scared of the new surroundings, so it didn't go all that well and I ended up bringing him back to our room sometime in the middle of the night (after having been upstairs several times). I guess we'll try again tonight, if I think I can make it through another sleepless night!
Last Wednesday, I scraped my leg pretty badly and today I finally went to the doctor because it was still pretty painful and not completely healed. It turns out I have an infection, and they had to give me a certain antibiotic with which I cannot nurse. I have to take this medicine for 10 days, so it looks like I will be weaning Charlie very suddenly (like now). This makes me so sad, since he's the last baby we plan on having. We've also been trying to introduce cow's milk, and he's makes a terrible face and will not drink it, so I'm not sure what we'll do... I just cannot believe that he will be a year old in less than 2 months!!! BOO-HOO!!!


1 comment:
Way to go, Carter "Homerun" Abrams!!!
Is baby Charlie still sleeping upstairs? Hope so! Really proud of y'all for actually using that nursery. ;) It's too cute to go to waste.
Great pics! So glad we get to share most of these exciting adventures together!
Post a Comment