Monday, April 13, 2009

The Easter Story, according to Carter

Ok, so I know I have a lot of catching up to do. I was busy all last week (what's new, right?) and didn't take the time to blog. I still need to gather some more pictures, along with my thoughts, but for now I will leave you with Carter's version of the Easter story.

Over the past week, I have focused on trying to help Carter understand the reason we celebrate Easter (that it's not about eggs, bunnies and candy). He has the whole thing summarized pretty well! Below is his explanation, in his exact words:

"The mean mans caught Jesus and killed him and he waked up from being killed. That's 'cause we can go to heaven, right?"

Just as when Carter prays in his own words, I'm sure this gave Jesus a little smile :)

2 comments:

Holly :) said...

I love when the kiddos give their versions of bible stories...and I know that Jesus loves it, too. :) Precious! But you're still not off the hook with a full blog update! I'll be waiting.... ;)

KS said...

it gave me more than a little smile! Love it! Excuse me while I wipe away a few tears (honestly)!