At Red Robin, the boys each got a balloon. I didn't want to deal with balloons in the ceiling fans, so I told Carter that we could let them go outside and Jesus might catch them in heaven (does that sound sacrilegious?). Anyway, he had fun watching them float far, far away until they were completely gone. Then he wanted to know how we were going to get them back. Ha! See if you can find the two little dots in this picture...
We turned Charlie's car seat around to face forward last weekend. I can't believe my baby is about to turn one!!! BOO-HOO!!!! He really loves facing forward. He kept looking at Alan in the rear-view mirror, swinging his feet, and talking. I'm sure it wasn't fun to stare at the back of a gray seat all the time! We had a toy there, but we removed it because it kept getting knocked down or in the way. Anyway, Charlie's very happy with the switch, even if I'm not :(
I've been sewing like CRAZY! You'd think I was in a third-world country sweat shop or something. Holly has ordered a few things from me and I can't stand to have orders hanging over my head. I have to get them done right away! Prior to her orders, I did a few new jon-jons and bubble outfits for Charlie (including his birthday outfit), and some more shorts for Carter. I will try to take pictures of some of those soon to post. Here is one of the bubbles Holly ordered for an upcoming birthday (she ordered 4 of these, just alike!).
I have really grown to love sewing, so Alan surprised me for my birthday/Mother's Day with a trip to my favorite sewing shop to buy me a new machine! He got me the Viking Designer Diamond machine, which is top of the line and does embroidery also. It is completely computerized, which is a little intimidating, but it's so much fun to sew on! I just have to get some training on how to use the embroidery part, so I can start doing appliques! What a great hubby I have!!!
Carter absolutely loves watering flowers and taking care of them. Maybe he's going to be a horticulturist, like his great, great, (how many greats?) uncle, who was a horticulture professor at Auburn! Hopefully the green thumb just skipped a few generations and landed with my children, because I have a black thumb for sure! So, the first two-week phase of my diet is over. I'm doing the South Beach Diet, which I've done before, because I believe it's one of the healthiest options out there. No, it's not an "eat all meat" diet like Atkins (contrary to what some people think). It's a diet where you eat the right kinds of fats, proteins, carbs, etc. My choices for meals have been pretty limited for this first phase... I can eat any kind of lean protein (fish, chicken breast, lean beef or pork), and non-starchy vegetables, in a nutshell. Oh, and also lean dairy and healthy nuts (not honey roasted, extra salt, or things like that). Now that the two weeks are up, I've lost about 7-8 pounds (I did cheat a few times), and I can move on to much better things! These crackers are perhaps the best part of the diet, and I'm not sure if they are even technically on the diet... I can eat whole grains, and while this is whole wheat, it also has a little added sugar. Maybe that's why these taste like cookies... Anyway, I trick myself into thinking they are allowed because they are one of my favorite foods!
Yesterday, Alan and Charlie were snuggling in the bed and Charlie was enjoying playing peek-a-boo with the sheets.
Where's Charlie?


No comments:
Post a Comment