Wednesday, May 20, 2009

School's out for Summer!

OK, I know that one's a song title. Seems to be my theme lately...

WARNING! WARNING! The following blog is COMPLETELY random! Don't say you haven't been warned...

Wow, here are some long, lost photos from Easter morning! I guess I could have put them in cuter jammies to wake up on Easter... Enjoy this trip down memory lane.

Charlie was excited about his fruit puffs. I guess he didn't realize what was in the container (he doesn't really get excited to eat them).




Wow, a slinky (the slinky lasted approx. 2.4 days)!
On a backyard Easter egg hunt...

OK, now back to the present day. Or semi-present. I have to do a bit of catch-up since I haven't been on the ball with blogging lately. Charlie is full of new things. He has another tooth (that makes two!). He can say "uh-oh," or something like that... When we say it or when he drops something, he grunts in a kind of "unnnh" fashion. I count it as a word - maybe his first real word? Oh, and he's actually started crawling!!! He's not very consistent, but we've seen him do it a few times - like tonight, when he wanted to get to a toy. He will be very mobile very soon!
He doesn't like to do a lot of things for himself, so he hasn't really jumped at the idea of holding his own bottle or sippy cup. However, he was REALLY excited about the bottle a few nights ago and couldn't wait for Daddy to get his diaper changed, so he decided to go for it!
Same here with a box of milk. It was DEE-LISH, so he just couldn't wait for slow Mommy. He's even started driving since I last blogged. My, how time flies!Oh, wait! He was just sitting in Daddy's lap :)I was trying to capture the expression on his face while he was watching Barney in the car, but this one was funnier :)
Since the weather has been nice, we have gone to the park and done a few fun outdoor things lately. Here is the whole crew (almost)!
Charlie was all tired out from swinging and watching the other kids play, so he just laid down and rested all by himself!
This is how Carter and Coleigh hug. Coleigh has to lift her leg up in the air - how funny! I was trying to capture Carter and Charlie in their cute new matching outfits, but the look on Carter's face was quite sinister!


This is much better!
The week after Mother's Day was quite hectic! It was Carter's last week of school for the year. On Tuesday, they did a program of all their favorite songs from chapel. I can't figure out why no one fixed Carter's shirt that was halfway tucked into his pants! The B-I-B-L-E...Pharaoh, Pharaoh! Whoooaaa, let my people go! This was Carter's favorite :)Here is the whole class (almost, anyway)!I decided to take a picture of Carter on his last day of school, to see how much he has changed over the school year. What a big, handsome boy! That day, there was an end-of-year party in which the moms could come. First, we had craft time where they all decorated foam visors. After that, we ate lunch. And then came the really good part - decorating cookies with frosting and sprinkles! :)That frosting was very yummy! Here is the whole class...
After the teachers joined in the picture, Carter decided he would strike different poses... Is he already the class clown?
That Saturday was the last t-ball game. Carter LOVED playing t-ball, but I'm glad to have my Saturdays back. Here is Carter on the pitcher's mound. I think he actually caught a few balls this time!
Charlie and Anna played footsies during the game...
Just a random picture of the boys asleep in the car, with heads turned in the same direction. Usually, their heads are opposite, just like they are!

Holly and I took all 5 kids on some errands recently - here they all are at Target, where we proceeded to have a few meltdowns :(Last Saturday was our annual Sunday school shrimp boil. It was so much fun, and SO delicious! I could eat my weight in shrimp - they might be my favorite food! Carter chowed down on hot dogs (he likes shrimp but didn't want to wait for them to finish cooking)...Here he is playing with the girls. I have some flirtatious boys, don't I?!?
What blog of mine would be complete without a random picture of one of my sewing projects? Here is another bubble I recently made for Anna - green seersucker!
Ok, I think that's all for my catch-up session. Stay tuned for our trip to Chattanooga, and Carter's first official swimming lesson!

2 comments:

Holly :) said...

Great update! Looking forward to lots of fun this summer with our kiddos! :)

Granna said...

The bubble suit is adorable. I must get to my sewing machine- I have been too busy with coupons lately. I will return to sewing eventually. I saw your Mom and Dad last week at Sears and got to visit with them for a few minutes. I always enjoy catching up.