Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Packed Weekend

We had a very full weekend... Friday night, Nana and Pawpaw came over to babysit and give us a night out. We really needed that! It is so important for couples to put their relationship first, and it's hard to do that when you can't talk over screaming kids! Ha! If we could afford a regular babysitter, I think we would do this once a week. We ate at Taziki's (YUM!!!) and then saw the new Harry Potter movie (which was probably the best so far, if you follow them...). I'm craving some grilled chicken from Taziki's right now...

The next morning, Gigi and Papa showed up to surprise Carter (well, I had kept it a surprise anyway). They (along with Cheryl) took him on his first train ride! I don't have access to the pictures yet, but they were cute! From what I hear, he had a really good time and listened to the narrator and knew all about trains! This was the reason for the question about the outfit... Thanks everyone for your opinions! I was going to choose the blue or the green, but I ran into problems with each (the blue had a pull in the back and the green needed to be lined and I didn't realize it - you could see Elmo on his underwear very clearly)! So, he wore the red gingham instead and they looked cute...

While they were gone, Alan and I got some work done around the house and rested a little in preparation for our supper club that night. We had a great time, and ate yummy Mexican food (per one of the husbands' request). We have a pretty big SS class, and this has been a great way to get to know different couples... We change groups every 3 months or so.


Sunday after church, we ate lunch with Samantha and her family. Of course, Carter and Samantha are two peas in a pod, so it was a good time for everyone. After lunch, we headed home to quickly gather our swim stuff and hit the road to go to Jacob's birthday party at Nana and Pawpaw's. The boys loved swimming, but it was pretty cold so they couldn't stay in too long. The boys got out of the pool and Nana got them warmed up in the bathtub, and then Carter joined everyone for a game of croquet. He was pretty good, even if he played by his own rules. According to him, he won! Charlie was cheering on his big brother!
Charlie's new favorite thing is to get a kitchen towel (or t-shirt, blanket, etc - whatever he can find) and put it on his head and crawl around. Half the time, he can't see where he's going and he bumps into things. I think that's part of the fun. He crawls around for a while and takes it off excitedly to find out where he ended up. He gets mad if it falls off or won't stay on. He could do this for hours... I vaguely remember Carter doing something like this too, but I think he was walking at the time.



2 comments:

KS said...

LOL - this is hilarious! Such a "boy" thing to do!

Holly :) said...

So glad y'all got to have a date night...again! I know Carter had a blast on the train ride. I guarantee he was the best dressed there! :) Love all the pics!!! Great update...finally!