So... My eye has taken a really long time to heal (in terms of how long I can tolerate pain and blurred vision, that is - it doesn't sound like a long time though). Monday night, I couldn't sleep at all because it hurt so badly to close my eyelid. Tuesday morning, I went to the eye doctor twice - the second time, he put a patch on it to help it heal. Later that afternoon, he gave me another contact bandage so I could go out to dinner, and then he met me at his office at 10:00 pm to put another patch on it, after dinner (did you count - that was 4 times in one day!). How nice was that? Here I am looking like a pirate in pain (I can't believe I'm actually posting this)...
That evening, Carter fell asleep sitting next to me on the couch. I think Miss Colly (aka Holly) wore him out! I'll have to send him over there more often... Because we didn't want him falling asleep so late, we tried to get him up to eat some dinner. I think it took 20 minutes for him to wake up - poor thing!
Here are my sweet boys in their matching pj's. I'm all about matching clothes and pj's, even if no one notices! I frequently dress them alike for church, but no one notices because they are in completely different classrooms...
Gigi came over Tuesday around lunchtime to help me with the boys so that I could rest a little. I really was having a terrible time coping with my own pain, much less taking care of the kids... Thanks, Gigi! She drove us around everywhere, and even stopped for ice cream after picking up Carter. That evening, Katie from our church came over to babysit the boys so we could go out to dinner with Holly and Jonathan. It was Jonathan's birthday - happy birthday, Jonathan! We went to the Melting Pot, and it was scrumptious! We also saw Jay Barker and Sara Evans, along with her children. That's not my first celebrity sighting in that area either - we've seen Ruben Studdard at a restaurant in the same shopping center (he even held the door for us).
I turned off the flash this time!
A birthday dessert platter!
The eye is still swollen - I had to take a big, deep breath in order to hold it open for the picture!
When we arrived home at around 8:30, both boys were already asleep in their beds and Katie said it was one of the easiest babysitting jobs she's ever had. I was glad to get a good report! Wednesday, we were the only ones who showed up for soccer... Amy came by just to tell me (and Coach Rob) that they weren't playing because both boys were unhappy that morning and she forgot to bring Seth's shoes. I didn't want to make Coach Rob have a class just for Carter, so I asked if we could come to another session instead. He agreed, and we went to lunch with Amy and her boys at Chick Fil A. First though, she took me by to see their old house that is for sale - it's such a nice house on a lake and lots of property. She tells me they can't sell it because people think it's too secluded (give me a break - it's right outside Highland Lakes and across from Mount Laurel, so at least your boogeymen will be wealthy ones). If anyone is looking for a house in this area, theirs is very, very nice!
Seth and Carter had fun playing at Chick Fil A, until they got a little too rowdy and loud. We had to leave early because of some listening issues (no, my baby wouldn't do that!) :) That night, we had church, and by the time dinner was over, my eye had miraculously cleared up! It had hurt and bothered me all day long, really badly, but I toughed it out. As of today, it's about 90% recovered! I hope this serves as a lesson to all... Always keep your babies in strait jackets, or keep your eyes closed when holding them ;)
Sweet friends... I love the ice cream on Thomas's face in the background!
This morning, Carter was SOOO stinkin' sweet! He got up pretty late (after 8:00, and we have to be at school at 8:30!). He very happily did everything I asked him to, and never complained or disagreed one time. I was very tempted to keep him home and enjoy the day with him - times like those make me so happy to be a parent!
Around 11:00 this morning, school called and told me that Carter had been quiet all morning long and had actually fallen asleep in his teacher's lap at Chapel. This is highly unlike him, and they said he's normally very, very active all morning. I still don't know what happened - perhaps he's going through a growth spurt? He took a nap yesterday, and got 12 hours sleep last night, so he should have been pretty well rested... I also wonder if my talk with him this morning had anything to do with it... I reminded him several times to be very quiet, sweet, and obedient at school. Since he was so compliant this morning, maybe it stuck :) Anyway, funny thing is that I got another note home - something about Carter being very quiet and still, and looking kind of sad - they mentioned that they thought he was "milking" it for extra attention. One day, he gets in trouble for being wild. Another day, he gets in trouble for being quiet and still. I don't get it!


No comments:
Post a Comment