I'm feeling significantly better... I suppose this was either a mild flu strain, since I had the flu shot, or not the flu at all, although the fever, chills, aches, and dry cough seemed just like the flu to me... Still not 100%, but oh so much better after 30+ hours of sleep since Saturday night!
The boys and I have been up to a lot since my last post... Charlie is crawling, technically, I think. He scoots around on his bottom, which I think is considered to be a type of crawling, although he doesn't get anywhere very quickly. However, he's a pro in his walker! This morning I heard something that sounded like Carter running fast, pushing something that rolls. It was Charlie! He had taken off in a mad dash, running to get to the vacuum. He loves that he can roll around and get into things, and gets really frustrated when he can't reach things. Earlier, I almost stopped him in time before he pulled a wine bottle off the rack in the dining room. Good thing it was a heavy bottle and didn't break! We also think he said his first official word (not babble). He was sitting in the floor when Zeus came walking by, and he started jumping up and down on his bottom, saying, "Zeus, Zeus, Zeus!" According to Alan, who heard it, it sounded like Carter when he first started saying Zeus and juice.
Here is a blast from the past... This is Carter getting into everything from his walker when he was Charlie's age :)
This is Charlie's ticklish spot, and my favorite place - the back of his soft little neck and head!

Such a sweet picture of Charlie asleep in his carseat :)
As of last week, Carter has moved up into the Turf Blasters class (from Turf Tykes) in soccer. Technically, Tykes is from ages 3-5 and Blasters is 5-9, I think. However, Coach Rob decided to move up a few of the older kids (mostly 5-year-olds) and some of the more experienced. I was very proud of my recently-turned-3-year-old soccer super star! This class is much different... Tykes is all about playing, colors, sorting, coordination, learning to kick, etc... Blasters is much more about learning actual game skills. This means he has to stay in bounds and try to kick the ball into his goal, and try to keep it out of his opponents'. He had a very good first session and didn't get in trouble - probably because he wasn't bored! Speaking of which, we saw (Gigi saw this first and I just watched it on TiVo) that Dr. Sears of The Doctors says strong-willed traits are a sign of intelligence and that we shouldn't crush them - rather redirect if at all possible. According to him, Carter is going to grow up to be one smart cookie!


Thursday night, I went to my mom's group's monthly mom's night out (that was a mouthful!). I wasn't going to go because I knew I had plans for the following night, but Alan practically forced me to go, telling me that I deserved a break. What a sweet hubby! When Alan was putting Carter to bed that night, Carter said he was scared of the dark because there are monsters in the dark. The whole "there are no monsters" thing didn't work, so Alan told him that Jesus lives in his heart and will protect him. Now, he loves to tell me that Jesus has a flashlight for the dark, and a sword to fight and that Jesus is a good fighter. Ha!
Friday night I went to a sit-n-sew with Helen and Pandi. It was so much fun, and I learned how to make shorts - yay! Helen says she's planning a weekend sewing getaway - I can't wait! I decided to make the first pair using some relatively inexpensive green gingham. According to this shorts pattern, Carter needs size 4 (or bigger) length, and size 6-month waist. I hope he stays tall and slim!

Saturday night was our Sunday School quarterly social, and we did the annual murder-mystery dinner. This year's theme was Chinese, and typically everyone dresses up. Well, guess who was the only dork this year to dress up? Yours truly, of course! Two other people attempted a little dress-up (chopsticks in hair, Asian looking jacket, robe over clothes), but no one was quite as dorky as I, complete with Geisha face paint and wig!
You already know about my day yesterday, which was spent almost entirely in bed... That is, until 6:00 when I decided I could finally eat something for the first time, and I really wanted rice and a cheese quesadilla from the Mexican restaurant. I forgot to consider the smells from the other foods... Good thing no one near us ordered fajitas! Today, the boys and I stayed at home all day and didn't do much of anything. When Alan got home, we went to grab a bite to eat (since I didn't feel like cooking) and we got some baseball stuff for Carter. Yes - we decided to sign him up for t-ball! The little XS baseball pants are so cute! They start their first practice this weekend - I am excited to see how this is going to turn out :)
2 comments:
you are not a dork... you are a good sport for dressing up... i on the other hand chickened out.
we start ball too (brylee is playing t ball) can't wait to play games against ya'll... fun times... shorts looks great! so talented! :) glad you are better
I LOVE the Chinese costume and totally think that should be your new FB profile pic! Way to go for you dressing up, even when everyone else didn't! You are such a good sport!
I am so glad you can make shorts now! When can I place my order for Spring/Summer? :) You are such a great seamstress!!
I'm so proud of Carter for being in the big boy soccer class! He's going to be the next David Beckham! :) Can I go ahead and get his autograph? I'm sure it'll be worth millions one day!
So glad you're back to the blogging world!!!! I've missed the Abrams Report!
Post a Comment