This morning started out very early... I put Charlie in bed with me so he would go back to sleep (thus allowing me to sleep until Carter woke up). Next thing I know - BAM! Charlie hit me in the eyeball HARD. It hurt really badly, but I kept thinking it would get better... No extra sleep for me, though! As the day went on, it got better, but then worse and worse and worse. I decided to go to the eye doctor after suffering as long as I could. Holly was so sweet to watch Carter for a couple of hours - thanks, Hol!!!
It turns out, I have a pretty deep "J" shaped scratch on my eye that the doctor saw right away. He asked me if I had just been suffering all day or why I had not come in earlier. I'm known to sometimes overreact and go to the doctor for little things, so I was glad to be proven right this time (I don't know why I'm glad about being injured though...anyway...). He debated giving me an eye patch - YUCK - but decided to give me a zero-prescription contact lens with medicine under it, and sent me home with some drops I have to use every 2 hours for the next 4 days. They kept giving me numbing drops and my eye felt so much better right away while I was there! They are finally wearing off, and it's starting to hurt again. Ouch! I also have a really bad headache I think from the whole ordeal... This is made worse by the fact that my eye hurt too much to eat earlier, so I barely ate anything all day.
After getting home and unloading the kids, I realized I'm missing an earring... One of the nice, new earrings Alan just gave me for Christmas to match the ring he also gave me. These are some of the only "special" earrings I own, so I'm very upset... I called everywhere I went today and left my phone number, so hopefully someone will find it. WAAAH!
Also, as I was trying to prepare dinner, I realized I bought 2 giant bags of BREADED chicken tenderloins from Sam's instead of regular boneless, skinless. Not to mention the fact that last week, I bought 2 giant bags of regular chicken thighs for the same recipe (not boneless or skinless). The other ingredients for this dish are going to spoil if I don't make it soon!!! UGH! Anyone want some chicken? We have a surplus of the wrong kind! I don't know how I can keep buying the wrong kind of chicken, when I've not made that mistake before now... I think that when it rains sometimes, it pours. I'm still blaming everything on sleep deprivation too, since Charlie doesn't sleep well these days.
Tomorrow already promises to be a better day... My old housekeeper is coming to clean for me - hooray!!! We decided that at Charlie's age right now, I'm not able to get anything done and I keep falling further and further behind in housework. When he was a tiny baby, it was much easier, and when he gets to be a little older and can play with Carter, it will be easier again also. But now is such a tough stage... Tomorrow night, we are getting a babysitter and going to the Melting Pot for Jonathan's birthday. Yay for date night!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment