I realize I haven't blogged in a while... Things around here have been super busy! My friend, Hope, and I went to a sewing class on Saturday (I met Hope through Holly, and she's also Ella's mom from previous posts). Many probably know that my mom has always sewn, and she sewed a lot of my clothes growing up, not to mention all of my curtains, comforters, bed skirts, etc for our house. She tried to teach me when I was younger, but I didn't have an interest at the time. I wish I had, because I could have been sewing for my boys all along! 
Anyway, Hope inherited a sewing machine and has been wanting to learn for a while, so this basic sewing class was the perfect opportunity for us. It lasted FOREVER (from 9 until 5:30, which is a long time to be hunched over tables - cutting, pinning, sewing, etc). We were so exhausted when we got done, but it was well worth it! I am no longer scared of my sewing machine! I made a cute jon-jon for Charlie, and although it's not perfect, I think it's pretty swell for my first try :)
Last night, I decided to start on another one with some seersucker fabric I also bought. Things were progressing quickly, so I just kept going, and before I knew it I had finished the whole thing (minus the buttonholes and buttons)! The second time around was so much easier :) Now, I just have to get comfortable with other patterns...
In other news, the past couple of weeks have been unseasonably warm... I think the groundhog was mistaken! We've gone to the park a few times lately... Once with my mom's group, and a couple of other times with the Joneses and some of their friends. Hope and Ella were there as well when we went on Monday.
Carter has said some pretty funny things lately... He came home from school and told me that his Bible says God puts a costume on him, and gives him a sword so he can fight (this refers to the armor of God). I love his perspective! When we told him to be quiet in the car after repeating something 15 times, he said, "But you're not HEARING me!" He whispered a secret to me when we were eating the other day... He whispered "God loves you!" in my ear - how sweet!
Charlie is starting to become frustrated with not being mobile. Previously, it seemed like he didn't really care... He would just be wherever we put him and be content with that. Now, he starts reaching and jumping and trying to get places. He grunts and sounds so irritated that he can't go everywhere like his big brother. It won't be long... All of a sudden, he learned how to use his walker - forwards AND backwards. I hadn't put him in it in a while, but when I did last night, he started walking everywhere! He's starting to try to get into things - cabinets, bags, etc... Whatever he can reach from his walker is fair game!


3 comments:
Wow..looks like a pro made the outfits! I bought an embroidery machine a little over a year ago and I love it. Just wish I had the time to sew. All I can manage to do is put an initial on something every now and then. Keep up the good work.
You did a great job!! What's next??
Could Charlie be any cuter in the swing pics? OH MY GOODNESS - LOOOVE!! I'm also super impressed with your sewing skills - nice job! My mom is an amazing seamstress, too, but as yet I haven't taken it up myself. I've done a few projects under her watchful eye, but never on my own.
Post a Comment