Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wild Weekend

Our weekend ended up being pretty busy. Fun, but busy. Friday morning, Claire (one of Carter's 5 girlfriends) came over to play. She is just SOOO sweet, so it was kind of a funny dynamic. Carter takes advantage a little bit when people are so nice. We'll need to work on that... According to her mom, Claire talks about Carter ALL the time. Her dad even had to talk to her about how it's too early to talk about boys and all that. She also said said Claire would FLIP when she found out we live so close to each other.


Anyway, Claire is so cute, and her mom and I were talking about all our similarities. They live right behind us (we can see their roof from our house), she and her hubby met at Auburn also (they go to all the games and take their camper to tailgate), they have 2 children the same ages as ours, their children are red-headed, etc. Her husband and Carter have the same middle name (which is also their son's first name). Oh, and her name is Amanda (Mandy) and I was almost named Amanda. Ha! I'm pretty sure there were a few more as well... So, Claire is on the ok to marry list, since she's an AU girl. :)


When Alan got home, we went to eat dinner at Hamburger Heaven. I can't tell you the last time we ate there - maybe before Charlie was born? Like way before he was born? Anyway, it was so good to have a junky cheeseburger. I feel like whether I eat a grilled chicken salad w/ light vinaigrette dressing or a cheeseburger, my weight doesn't change. So why not throw in the junk every now and then? Ok, that's not a good philosophy at all, but it sounds good in theory. And truthfully, I eat plenty of junk that I'm probably not even aware of, or my weight would eventually change... Hopefully...


Saturday morning was Samantha's birthday party, and we did decide to go. I'm so glad we did - Carter had a good time, and didn't disrupt the party at all. The night before, I made him a knight shirt to go with some grey gingham pants we already had. Cinderella was there, and she was so great! She sang (she teaches voice lessons on the side, so she sang very beautifully), read the Cinderella book (she did all the voices perfectly, also), handled presents, dress-up, make-up/glitter time (Carter did NOT participate), etc. I want to have a girl just to have this Cinderella come to our party! :)

Everything was also decorated so cute - the table was set with real china (Lisa is brave!) and on top were napkins and then little glass slippers. How cute! They served some kind of punch, and also had hot chocolate in a pretty teapot instead of real tea. And at the dress-up table, they had so much fun stuff for little girls, and even a sword and some funny glasses Carter could use.


On the way home, Charlie fell asleep with his hand in his snack bag. He was so exhausted!

Papa, Gigi and Cheryl all came over around lunchtime and brought us yummy lunch from Whole Foods. They played with the boys for a while and left in the afternoon. Nana and Pawpaw called because they were on this side of town running errands, and they ended up coming over for an impromptu babysitting session while Alan and I went to a movie.

Sunday after church, we ate lunch with our usual crowd. I went out to the car early with Charlie, and when everyone came out, they let me know we were having a Superbowl party at our house that night. Ha! Luckily, the house wasn't too terrible, so we just had a little straightening to do. I bought some yummy food, and everyone else brought a few things also. I had a SS teachers meeting at church that evening (I felt awful leaving and not going to worship - and we were hosting other church members at our house, too - I hope word doesn't get out!). Anyway, most everyone was already here when I got back. We had a really fun time, and I didn't even see 1 single minute of the game. All our kids really like playing together also, so it was fun for everyone. And a big bonus is that I got to hold Samantha's baby sister for a long time. I miss having a tiny baby!

Ok, a couple of random pictures... The boys LOVE sitting in this bus and watching TV. They got this for Christmas from Nana and Pawpaw, but Alan just put it together since they had so much other stuff. It's pretty funny that they sit in it for such long periods of time. Anything that will keep them still is good in my book. Of course, they love climbing and sliding on it also.

Charlie recently wanted a lollipop. Then he wanted a Pop Tart. But no, he wouldn't give up his lollipop - he had to have one in each hand, and would lick his lollipop, then eat Pop Tart, repeat. :) It's no wonder he's such a chunk!

2 comments:

Holly :) said...

Sounds like a FUN weekend! I'm so glad that Carter ended up going to the party...I knew he would have a blast!

Granna said...

I love how you said that Carter did not disrupt the party- I assume you meant because he was a boy or then again? They are both so cute!