Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tidbits

Tonight at dinner, Carter kept making comments like, "Yummy!" and other such adjectives to describe how he felt about what we were eating. (We were having whole wheat pasta with turkey chili on top, and Carter also had some buttered noodles and some with marinara sauce, along with broccoli and carrots since he didn't want a salad tonight. What a smorgasbord!) He said at one point, "Mommy, you're the best cooker EVER!" And then a few minutes later he said, "We have one little boy here who likes his dinner!" Ha! I guess we'll have that meal again soon - and of course I liked how easy it was :) Although, it's no surprise that Charlie just ate his bread and was done - ha! They are such opposites!

During dinner, Carter noticed I was almost out of water, so he said he could go get me some. When he got back and I thanked him, he said, "That's what friends do! Like if you had a night mirror, I could come and sleep in your bed with you. And what's a night mirror, anyway?" Ha! He knows what to do but doesn't know the reason for it :)

Last night while we were watching the bobsled event on TV, he said (not knowing what we were watching or what a bobsled was called), "Well, I know this is something else, but it LOOKS like a snow car." He's so matter-of-fact sometimes...

Today, Claire came over for a few minutes and Carter was still in his jammies right before they got here. He kept running around like crazy and asked if I could help him get his clothes on super fast so she wouldn't see him naked. Then he said we had to hurry and fix his hair super fast because, "I don't want her to see me without my hair fixed!!!" Yesterday was Claire and Karis' birthday party at school, and apparently he got so excited and said, "I am going to sing 'Happy Birthday' to my girlfriend!"

No comments: