No, don't get your hopes up - we're not having a sister. Carter's partner-in-crime (aka Samantha) came over to play with us today after school. Lisa needs to get a lot done this week in preparation for Samantha's birthday party, so we were glad to help out. By the way, I think Carter is the only boy invited to her tea/princess party. We are still deciding if we should go - I welcome any opinions! (Will he feel out of place? Will he ACT out of place? Will it be weird? Or will it be fun because they are such great friends?)
Carter and Samantha act JUST like brother and sister. Seriously. They love each other and love playing together, but when they fight, they fight differently than Carter does with any of his other friends - like they are just too familiar with each other. Ha!
I overheard them playing, and apparently Samantha was wanting to play house. Carter said, "No, I'm not going to play house. I'm going to play work. I'll go to work and build something for our child." A little while later, I heard Samantha say, "You're working really hard for our kids, right?" Ha! They have already set their roles, at 4 years old.
Totally unrelated, but tonight when we were getting ready to eat, I asked Charlie what he wanted to drink. He said, "muh." (I assume that's milk.) Yay! Another word! He is SO great at following directions, so we know he understands just about everything. I told him to give me a kiss tonight (he loves doing that), and then I said, "do it again," and he did. That may seem small, but I'm amazed at the little ways he's growing every day!


2 comments:
i had a friend that had a princess party and her little boy went and served the girls drinks and food... you could do that???
or do what we did with brylee and harper and just take them somewhere together for her birthday...
You should TOTALLY take him! Doesn't matter what kind of party...they are good friends and Carter needs to be there. He can just be the prince in a room full of princesses. :)
Post a Comment