Monday, December 28, 2009

We interrupt this blog for a very important announcement

I made these for Christmas at Nana and Pawpaw's house. We may never be the same again.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/apple_dumplings/

Seriously, they are as good as you can imagine, and then some. Alan said we aren't allowed to have them in the house though, so I will have to wait till the next party or event to make them, so we can get a bite but not eat the whole thing. It would be so easy to eat the whole thing.

I got her cookbook a few weeks ago as an early Christmas present to myself (it was really cheap on Amazon.com at the time), and I can't wait to go through it. I also plan on making these for some other event really soon (I search for reasons to make fattening foods - ha!)

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/apple-cake-in-an-iron-skillet/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/12/the-bar/

And maybe that doesn't seem like a "very important announcement," but I just had to share this information right away. I felt guilty NOT sharing these recipes, like it was my civic duty or something.

3 comments:

KS said...

Now that I've bookmarked her blog and drooled all over my computer, I'm not sure whether I like you for this post or really should consider this a deal-breaker for our friendship. It's a fine line and I'll get back to you in 10 pounds, er, I mean minutes. :)

Melissa said...

Haha! It would be easy to half that first recipe, for sure. But they are seriously DANGEROUS!!!

Holly :) said...

I think I just drooled a little when I was reading her recipes. MAN! Those sound delish!!!! I think I'll make the apple dumplings soon. Feel free to ask me over the next time you try out one of her recipes. :)